cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit?

spendleb

Engineer visit?

I've just ordered broadband (not fibre) and booked an engineer visit but we are going on holiday the day they come, do they need to access the apartment or not?
7 REPLIES 7
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Engineer visit?

Best be safe than sorry, personally I would arrange for access to be available, also if the DP is in a locked maintenance cupboard that will need to be accessible, hate to come back from holiday and find nothings been done. 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's likely that the engineer has been arranged to install the phone service, if you want to PM me your username I can check.

Please send me a private message

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
spendleb

Not to worry everyone, apparently agreeing an engineer date means nothing anyway, they confirmed the date this morning and switched it to the 28th December!!!    Looks like we are back with BT then.    Second time Plusnet have let me down badly. I won't be trying for a third.

Chris
Legend

We may be able to book an earlier appointment but it would need the account holder to request this to us. There are appointments before the one booked showing as available.

Can I ask where we confirmed the 8th? I can't see any record of this and the email sent straight after signup also states the 28th.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
spendleb

It was on the phone last night when being arranged, we had the choice of the afternoon on the 8th November and this was the first available appointment.

Chris
Legend

I'm confused now as the account is showing as signed up online and nobody prior to myself has ever accessed it. Was this directly through Plusnet or through a 3rd party such as Broadband Choices etc?

The afternoon of the 8th isn't available unfortunately, so it looks like when that was attempted to be booked it failed and booked an appointment in the future. There are a lot of other appointments around that date available so we should be able to book something in.

spendleb

Thanks Chris, I'll get the account holder to contact tonight and he can sort something out.   The 8th was always going to be a problem anyway although we are then away for two weeks.