cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit, "line fault", no information

DM4761

Engineer visit, "line fault", no information

Had an engineer visit today to set up a line. Claims there is a "line fault," says he will have to telephone OpenReach, then disappears, unable to give me any further information. When is this going to be fixed? Hours? Days? Weeks? Possibly months? (judging by some of the posts in here I'm certainly leaning towards the latter...)

He couldn't even tell me if the next visitor is going to need access to my house and if I'll have to take yet another day off work for something I thought would be resolved today. Really not good enough, extremely poor communication and it's impossible to get hold of anyone on the phone.

It's quite a simple question - when am I going to be able to access the internet? I signed up almost 3 weeks ago. The PlusNet website helpfully tells me that my order should complete on "{strCustActivationDate}". 

2 REPLIES 2
ACCB
Dabbler

Re: Engineer visit, "line fault", no information

Distressingly similar to my own experience!

Line should have been connected yesterday - no update of any sort since yesterday afternoon.

But at least I've got internet - albeit crawling along at 4mbit/s.

DM4761

Re: Engineer visit, "line fault", no information

Still no update from Openreach/Plusnet/anybody... Are you going to start providing the service I pay for soon?