cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit on incorrect day

FIXED
Oddjob62

Engineer visit on incorrect day

I just had a call from an OpenReach engineer who was at my house. Plusnet also emailed me (Email ref: E0706) to tell me i had missed my appointment.

Could someone check Question 184314336 and confirm that the visit has actually been changed to the 19th as stated in the question response and that i won't be charged for a repeat visit as i was not at fault.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Engineer visit on incorrect day

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see the amendment to the appointment for your engineer visit not go through.

Obviously we'd need to rebook this in for you and I'll make sure we don't charge you for that.

If you can reply to this ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=184314336 with your availability from the 27th November(which unfortunately looks to be the earliest) I'll get the appointment booked in for you as soon as I can.

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by the inevitable delay in getting your services up and running.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Oddjob62

Update.

So even though the visit was booked for 30th, no Openreach engineer turned up and after some chasing by Anoush apparently Openreach had failed to schedule one. They did agree to expedite another visit for today, (luckily my other half was available to be there) however when he arrived it seems there is no copper to the house, so he was unable to "install" a line.

I totally understand that this is not Plusnet's fault, but then this afternoon i get an email from Plusnet saying my phone service is now live, what my phone number is, and how i will be billed.

As Anoush (who has been very helpful) is away, is anyone else able to pick this up? I have added details to question 184314336

Thanks

Alex

EDIT: And of course i get an email today (following day) that my fibre bb is now active *sigh*

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the delayed response Alex and to see your order completed on our suppliers systems despite the notes from the engineer advising that further work is needed. Sad

As the order is complete and line tests aren't finding any issues, we'd need to raise a fault and book another appointment to progress this back to an engineer. 

Availability for a fault investigation is generally a lot better than for provisions, it looks like we currently have AM or PM slots this Friday as well as any weekday next week.

Could you update the support ticket on your account with your availability and I'll book the appointment in as soon as I can? Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the repeated appointments made.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Oddjob62

Hi Anoush, glad to see you are as perplexed as i am as to how the order was completed even though the engineer reported there was no copper coming into the property.

I have replied to the ticket with a date/time for next week.

Thanks

Alex

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me Alex.

I've raised the fault and booked the appointment in for you confirming via the ticket.

I'll check back on the day and hopefully it goes as well as can be, but there is a small chance that we'd be asked to cease and reprovide the line, effectively starting from scratch but if we do need to we should be able to get another expedited appt.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused by this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Oddjob62

Just thought i'd close off this thread.

So, today an OpenReach engineer visited, and (in complete contrast to the previous engineer who said it was going to be a lot of work and couldn't be done that day) threw a cable over from the telegraph pole over the road (not literally obv), drilled a few holes in my house, and boom. i have a new phone line and Internet is already active Grin

I'd like to say thank you to Anoush for all his help. His speedy, informative responses to my questions in the ticket and here have very much helped keep my stress levels down..

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm glad to hear that the engineer was able to install your line quickly. Thumbs_Up
No problem and thanks for the positive feedback.
If you need any further assistance in the future, please feel free to let me know.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet