Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit not here yet and no router

FIXED
Vempyrae
Dabbler

Re: Engineer visit not here yet and no router

Thank you for your response.

I'm actually bored of the excuses now, there always seems to be something, I will accept the Wednesday 24th appointment for 8am to 1pm, if he does not show up this time, then consider my contract and interest in this company officially and formally terminated.

I do not have the time to waste chasing around after Plusnet anymore.

I still do not understand why it is so difficult to inform customers of what is going on, if you are not going to make an appointment, then cancel it and inform them, if you are running late, inform them, we have better things to do then stand around indoors waiting for someone to possibly acknowledge our presence, absolutely atrocious customer service representation, I am at least thankful to the staff on the forums for replying and trying to help, but it is pointless if the system is broken.

I await patiently the engineer to show up on Wednesday but expect nothing.

Regards Terry.
MoiraC

My switchover day was yesterday, the engineer changed the phone line, the router had not arrived. When I contacted Plusnet they had forgotten to order it, it has been sent by post now,I hoped they would have sent it by express post as it was their mistake but no! I am still paid up for Virgin broadband until 23rd, cannot get through to them to ask them not to activate their broadband until the router arrives, it’s a 60 minute wait on the phone, I have had a huge amount of problems with Plusnet during the changeover, phoneline always a very long wait, chatline never available and cannot find an email address. My grandson needs the internet for his studies this weekend.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your response @Vempyrae,

I am extremely sorry for the issues you have faced with the activation of your services. We will continue to monitor the appointment for 24/10/2018 and keep you updated via the account.

Hi @MoiraC,

I do apologise for the extensive wait times you have faced while trying to contact our call centre. I am really sorry the router had not been processed until you rang and chased it yourself, it's showing as processed for delivery now so it should be with you shortly. In relation to you orders, I can see there has been a slight delay with the completion of the order. As our suppliers are not open today for order updates, I will need to contact them tomorrow for yourself. I'll update you via your account tomorrow once I have been in contact with the relevant team. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
MoiraC

I am a little confused by your reply, if the router is on it’s way what else needs to be supplied. I assume you can activate broadband when the router arrives. The phone is already working.

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @MoiraC,

I'm sorry for any confusion that may have been caused from the previous response.

I have left a ticket on your account regarding your query. You can view this here

Should you have any further questions, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

Vempyrae
Dabbler

Okay, the engineer turned up today first thing in the morning, so thank you for your help.
Can I get an update on when I can get the internet connected please, I can see it but cannot log in at the moment.

Thank you and kind regards Terry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just taken a look over your account and noticed a problem preventing you from being able to connect. I've fixed that so you should be able to connect now. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Vempyrae
Dabbler

Just tried, says connected, no internet, light is solid blue and then prompts me to sign in, taking me to router homepage, so not working still at present, thanks for taking a look
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

No problem, I've just been running some tests and the router seems to be stuck when trying to configure the login details. 

You should be able to resolve this by entering the connection's usename and password automatically. 

1. Load a web page and go to 192.168.1.254
2. Click the settings tab.
3. Enter the router admin details (Printed on the card/bottom of the router)
4. Select the broadband tab at the top of the settings page.
5. Click disconnect.
6. Enter your router auth details (your username@plusdsl.net and your account password)
7. Click connect. 

Please keep us posted and I'll keep following things up with you until we've got you sorted. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Vempyrae
Dabbler

Thank you very much, this is the part I was forgetting from last time I set it up, very helpful and now online, thanks once again