cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit - 2 June - will I need to be in?

bluewalkie
Hooked

Engineer visit - 2 June - will I need to be in?

Hi, I am currently working from home and getting keys for new place this weekend. I will not be moving fully until WiFi up and running and engineer coming on 2nd June. I see that,sometimes, the engineer may not require access to flat or stairwell if cable distribution point is outside building. Is there anywhere to check online where these points are so I can see if I need to be in for engineer visit pls?
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Engineer visit - 2 June - will I need to be in?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @bluewalkie

Thank you for reaching out via our Community Forum. I've had a look into the orders and can see that for now, the only order in place is to provision a phone service. This is due to the address being what we call a "silver key". Once the phone line has been installed, we'll only then be able to place a broadband order, which will take a further 4-5 working days.

In order to have the phone line installed on 02/06/2021, at the moment, we have to assume that internal access is required, so you'll need to be in during the time slots that you've been advised. Again though, you will NOT have broadband on this date.

Usually what happens is, Openrreach will run a line test a few days before the phone installation, if they're able to see a signal to the master socket, they'll remove the internal part of the appointment, and we'll let you know. Feel free to give us a shout if you have any further questions.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
bluewalkie
Hooked

Hi, thanks for coming back so quickly.

I am a bit confused as to why they are saying that they need to install a phone line as I know that the current occupant of flat has broadband this now.
I have been under the impression that broadband would be sorted quite quickly after engineer visit; should a line test not be ran well in advance to determine what the situation is on site?
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

bluewalkie
Hooked

Yeah,that would make sense.