Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show

shuntai
Hooked

Engineer no show

Hi there

I'm signing up as a new customer - for broadband and phone. An engineer was scheduled to come around today 14 June 2021 AM to install a phone service. No show. No emails, no communication. On my online account, it just says ''order being processed'. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come. Any updates please?

S

11 REPLIES 11
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Re: Engineer no show

Thanks for your post @shuntai and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see the engineer didn't arrive this morning.

I've checked your order and it never actually got confirmed in the supplier systems. I've chased this up with Openreach's helpdesk now, and I'm advised the order's stuck due to a system issue but the adviser's raised this with the relevant team to get an engineer allocated to it as soon as possible. 

We've been given a review date of the 16th so we'll monitor this and we'll provide an update as soon as we know more. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shuntai
Hooked

OK thanks @Gandalf . Hopefully we'll have better news on Wed 16th. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @shuntai 

Feel free to post back if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shuntai
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf , any updates from the review meeting?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @shuntai

There's no updates yet unfortunately so I've escalated this with our suppliers and I should receive a response back tomorrow.

As soon as I know more I'll let you know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shuntai
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf 

I had been told an Openreach engineer would finally be coming today, between 8AM-1PM - re-scheduled from last Monday. According to the Openreach status link, an engineer has been 'allocated', tho not yet on their way. I've tried to call him (have texted now), but no response. Can you help to see if he's still planning on coming along today, as I've been waiting at home all day. 

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @shuntai 

I'm sorry to see the engineer hasn't arrived yet. I actually checked your order this morning, and the job's been assigned to an engineer. It's still showing as assigned now so it's likely they're running late.

I've just got in touch with our suppliers helpdesk though to double-check and I'm assured an engineer's got the job. 

Can you let me know if there are further issues tomorrow?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shuntai
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf, another no show. I called Plusnet up today and been told there's someone meant to be coming on Thursday. My hot water and heating is linked to my wifi, so this really isnt great. I expected this from other providers, not from you lot. Very frustrating.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @shuntai 

I'm sorry to see the engineer didn't show up again. I've checked the engineer notes and it looks like they managed to install your phone line without needing access to your property in the end.

With regards to your fibre order, due to a supplier system issue this hadn't got passed to the engineer, so our suppliers have sent the job back to another engineer asap who's scheduled to go out today.

As the phone line's active, this type of work to activate your fibre will be just external at the cabinet (the green box in the road) and your broadband should then activate before midnight. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shuntai
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf , @anoushmortazavi1 

Still no broadband this morning. The router has been turned off and on - but still no joy. The light keeps on changing from green, to orange, intermittently changing, but ends up at orange. Can someone please help me resolve this asap.... This has dragged on for much longer than I ever imagined. I really don't want to cancel this and start the whole process with another supplier. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @shuntai

Thanks a lot for your response, and I'm sorry to see that you're still not connected. I've had a look into the account and can see that the Broadband order did in fact complete yesterday, however my tests have detected a fault with the phone service, which is most likely the source of the problems here.

We haven't been able to determine the exact fault at this stage, however this has been raised with our suppliers today. I've escalated the open ticket / complaint to our Technical Support Team who will take this case on from here.

You can find / add comments to the open ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=215195188

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds