cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer date 3 weeks

Callumjack86

Engineer date 3 weeks

I'm a new customer signed up last night got my date for installation as the 7th of march is that seriously the earliest anyone can come out Huh
5 REPLIES 5
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Engineer date 3 weeks

Hopefully its sooner for you buddy, welcome to the forums

Callumjack86

Is this time frame normal then just thought it was a bit excessive see as though they've already taken £100 off me
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

You're at the mercy of Openreach engineer availability and it's beyond the control of PN unfortunately
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Callumjack86

Ah fair enough then thought it would be quicker that's all , new to this adulting thing lol
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Callumjack86

Well the minimum time possible is 14 days (if you are swapping from 1 supplier to another) undef OFCOM regulations to avoid "slamming" where your account is moved fraudulently by someone else to a new supplier.

So that would mean 1st March (order on 14th add 14 clear days) and then an engineer to do the work has to be scheduled which unfortunately for you is 6 days later.

Even if you have ordered I would phone up within 7 days and ask for confirmation of the actual date and then again in 7 days.

Why?

Because if something goes wrong on the order, Plusnet might not tell you. Happens too often and you can easily find posts on this forum about failed orders and lack of communication.

Do not wait until March 7th to double check.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT