cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer appointment - not heard anything

christian99

Engineer appointment - not heard anything

I was supposed to have an engineer come round between 8am and 1pm today to connect my line, but I've not heard anything saying they're nearly here, or to let me know of a delay. Is it possible to find out if they're still coming today? And when?
6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Engineer appointment - not heard anything

Do you have an Openreach socket in the property?

Have you checked in the member centre for information on a ticket?

christian99

I have an openreach socket, but I was told I would still need an engineer to come out to connect the line (there is currently no WiFi at all here), which was scheduled for this morning.

I couldn't find anywhere in the member centre to open a support ticket, this was the best I could see.

I've just had an email saying my phone line has been connected, am I right in assuming this means that the engineer has been and my WiFi will be available soon (I was told it'll be tomorrow)?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

The engineer would have been needed at the cabinet to connect you up.

Your broadband should be available today, they say anytime up to midnight. You should get a text/email saying when the process is complete.

Have you got the router?

christian99

I'm in a first floor flat so I thought it might have been possible they reconnected it without needing to access the building (I've just moved in so I'm not sure where everything is).

My router arrived a day or two ago, I've just tried setting it up but the broadband light is flashing red.
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Try this from the Hub One guide: Press the Restart button and release it when the Power light turns orange. Your Hub will restart and the Power light will glow steady blue. If it's still red, reset your Hub using a paper clip to press the recessed Reset button on the back of your Hub for a few seconds. 

If this doesn't work perhaps your BB has yet to be connected, I think this can take until midnight. Otherwise you will have to contact support.

christian99

It's working now, thanks for the help all