cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer appointment delayed with no info

BevM

Engineer appointment delayed with no info

Hi there,

I had an engineer appointment booked last week for a new line installation, but received an email to say it was delayed and someone would be in touch. I'm not sure if the connection can be done without entering my home or not, or if it will be on hold until June like it says in the Coronavirus update on the website.

I haven't heard back from anyone, and the call centre isn't accepting calls for obvious reasons - what's the best way to get an update on my order?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
anaisrosefelipe

Re: Engineer appointment delayed with no info

We are having the same issue, no way to get through to anyone on the phone and no online chat, got work to do haha!
sarahgarrard76

I have the same problem, need to work and print schoolwork off for 2 children.

Received a text stating it had been postponed until June at 9:45 last night - it was supposed to be installed this morning.

The text gave a number, which nobody is answering.

Trying to change to Virgin who seem to be installing lines still.

BevM

Update on this: I just received a call from customer services.

They're waiting for updates from their supplier Openreach (who have 14 days left of their lockdown), and said they would update again on 9th April. So it's a waiting game, and it looks unlikely that anything will happen for new line installations for a while! They're also running a few days behind on answering queries which makes sense given the current situation, just FYI.

Ksc719

Thanks for the update. My 83 yo mother was also expecting an engineer on 1/4/20 but nobody appeared. She is a pensioner with little money. Plusnet were happy to take her money and she called them 3 days beforehand and the reassured her it was going ahead even though to date, she has not received her router either. 

What is infuriating is that the only calls plusnet are receiving is for sales. That is very poor customer service. I was led to believe they were the best.

Come on plusnet, I understand the difficulties at this time, but surely you can allow customers to contact you?