cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Visit

Phil_721

Engineer Visit

I was told to expect an engineer visit this morning. Took the morning off work.  The engineer did not show up.  He called later and told me I should have received a call telling me he wasnt going to arrive.  I did not get a call. Now Plusnet tell me I must rebook and it could take longer.

I don't want to wait any longer than I have already and don't want to be penalised having already taken time off.

Do I need an engineer visit?  I am quite capable of setting up my own router.  Is it necessary?

3 REPLIES 3
frosty8
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Engineer Visit

Do I need an engineer visit?  I am quite capable of setting up my own router.  Is it necessary?

It depends on the reason for the visit.

If you are switching providers and have a working line then an engineer visit is usually not necessary

the exception being if you are switching from Virgin.

They should have given a reason if not the above.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Phil_721,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry that the engineer has not attended, I appreciate the effort you took in ensuring your presence and apologise sincerely for the missed slot.

I contacted Openreach who advised that regrettably the engineer had fallen behind with his schedule. I've called you this morning to rearrange the appointment however I had to leave a voicemail.

Do you have any time to discuss this on your mobile today? Just to ensure I can get a suitable re-arrangement for you. Let me know here, otherwise I'll try again to call you before going ahead and re-booking the appointment for the earliest slot available.

Thanks - LF

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Phil_721,

Thank you for returning my call.

As discussed, I can confirm the engineer will be required to attend so your appointment has been re-arranged.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF