Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Visit Booked Despite ONT Box?

FIXED
ctlhk2009

Engineer Visit Booked Despite ONT Box?

Hello,

(I may be missing something here, but it seems every time I call up/check the ticket it's U-turned...)

We were with Plustnet on Full Fibre in our current house for ~6 months (working fine) before one day our account was cancelled out of the blue.

After calling up, a new account was opened for us, and a new order put on the system. It was initially an Activation Only order, which seemed to make sense.

However something ran into a problem (no spare port on the ONT?), and the order was changed to a 2 stage/no ONT order with a engineer visit booked in.

Querying this last week, the suggestion was there was an address mixup with the flat below, our ONT was showing up free, and it should be an Activation Only order - Cue change back.

Called for an update today, and just got told that actually I do need an engineer visit...

Can someone clarify once and for all what's going on here?
8 REPLIES 8
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Engineer Visit Booked Despite ONT Box?

@ctlhk2009  I have noticed this seems to be a recurring problem with Plusnet FTTP orders, there have been a number of cases where an ONT exists and a remote activation is required but a full installation order is placed and an engineer turns up to find a working ONT in the property.

Your case is a bit different, it appears the original order was correct but then got changed possibly because of the address mixup but a 2 stage installation order is ridiculous. 

With your most recent update did you ask why an installation order and engineer visit is required when it obviously isn't.🙄

I'll tag a forum staff member here to see if this can be cleared up. @csmith94 These order U-turns are wrong, the customer does not need an installation order and engineer visit. Please investigate.

ctlhk2009

Thanks for that, seems I'm not completely off the mark!

Yes I was just calling as someone had raised a TAG query(?), and wanted to see if there was an update - Instead spent some time confirming the existence of a ONT box inside and outside, then told because I have an ONT box I need an engineer visit...!
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@ctlhk2009  Unfortunately it seems some of the support staff need some more training on how to deal with FTTP orders.

You need an engineer visit because you have an ONT, it's just unbelievable.😫

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 27

Fix

Hey @ctlhk2009 - So, it's been a confusing one and I'm not sure I can fully explain it. I tried to place an order but apparently your ONT is already connected with us, so when I was looking for you installation details I found an order placed on 31st March. It was placed just before you signed up so I can only think that the sign up happened on 31st, order sent straight away and the account took a little longer to create. 

Either way, this order does match up with your details and is connected at the same address. The ONT details also match, you're definitely connected. I've activated your account and sent an order for the router to be delivered, this will take 1 - 2 working days. 

I'm also adding a credit to cover one month for the issues you've had Smiley  

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
ctlhk2009

Hello, thanks for looking in to this - It does seem to all be working now so touch wood etc!

Could I just ask you to cancel any scheduled engineer visits and the router order if it's not too late? Out Hub Two from before is still here/working...!

This will give our hard pushed mobile data a break, so thank you to both!
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it's working! 

No engineer will be coming out now so we're all good there. The router order is now too far gone but there's a couple of things you can do, you can just refuse delivery and Royal Mail will send it back to us or you can keep it as a spare. This doesn't have any cost to yourself so it might be a good idea to keep it as a spare especially if your other one is old. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@csmith94 

If this has not been done, is there a need to associate the serial number of the router (associated with the old account) with the new account so that it remains on the management platform and receives firmware updates as and when ... to say nothing of auto-configuration?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's a good point @Townman thank you, I forgot about that. 

@ctlhk2009 - Can you add to this ticket your Serial number please? From there I can get the rest of the details from your old account to update onto your new one. You can find this on the card on the  back of the router.

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team