cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer No Show

Soleach97

Engineer No Show

Today I was supposed to have an openreach engineer come, to simply connect my fibre up so our WiFi would work. I've waited two weeks to get the nearest available slot, a joke in itself.

The engineer has not turned up, I've revieved no phone call, no email or anything. I've just sat here for 5 fudding hours for no reason.

I've taken half a day off to wait for the guy, just for them to not turn up.

Yet if I wasn't in to let thee engineer in, I'd get fined £65, what a joke.

Typically I tried to call plus net to let them know nobody has turned up. But their customer service line is down for existing customers SHOCK.

However, if you're a new customer wanting to speak to an agent for a new deal, there is people available. Again, SHOCK.

Sort it out, Bloody ridiculous.

I expect money back and I'll be switching to virgin media ASAP.
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Engineer No Show

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.

For the installation of fibre on an existing BT phone line, there is no need for an engineer to actually visit the premises.  They simply make some changes in the street cabinet, you plug in the router and it should all work.  Have you tried plugging in the Plusnet router?  Is there a dial tone on the line?

HOWEVER, you mention Virgin Media - are you migrating from Virgin to Plusnet?  In that case you might indeed need an engineer visit to install a new phone line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for taking my call just now. I'm really glad that the service has been installed and is up and running, I'll need to chase Openreach to find out why they claimed that speeds above 40mbps aren't possible so as promised I'll be back on touch on Wednesday. Do drop us a reply on the forums if you need to in the the meantime. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Soleach97

Hi,

According to the openreach engineer our WiFi should be up and running but it isn't. I believe it made need to be activated on your (Plus Net's) end, as this is what happened for me previously. Please can somebody activate our wifi.

Thanks,

Sam.

Soleach97

Hi,

Somebody needs to contact me NOW. This is taking the absolute mick.

Pandemic or no pandemic 30 minutes in hold is unacceptable.

If it wasn't for a fear of waiting longer, I'd be cancelling and moving to a different provider.

Not sure what award plus net have won for their customer service, but you must have been the only candidate.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi Sam,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any issues with your provisioning, I appreciate any inconvenience this may be causing you.

I called you today and you advised everything appears to be progressing.

I've looked into your phone order and can see that the date is as advised and your broadband is ready to go live as soon as the phone order completes.

If you have any further queries, please come back to us.

Thanks - LF

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Soleach97

What a surprise, I still haven't got WiFi.

So after calling and spending 2 hours on hold in Friday, the lady said that an engineer would come on Tuesday am (today), the earliest slot available.

So I call plusnet to make sure they are coming and shock it hasn't been booked properly.

Another half day of work unpaid waiting for an engineer, who inevitably won't turn up. Plusnet and BT are totally incompetent, I urge anybody to stay clear. Use virgin at least they actually answer their customer service line.