cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of my tether

circe83

End of my tether

So I moved house and the internet is switched off on the 12th June. Here I am in my new house without my internet over 2 weeks later.
Each person you speak to seems lovely, and knowledgeable in their field but the components of all the different teams doing what they need to do seems to be an issue.

I need to work from home from
Tomorrow. Assured I would get a call back today with the ‘go live date’ or an alternative solution. The individual I spoke to has let me down. Final nail in the coffin for any hope to sort this out before I go back to work.
The engineer told
Me he may be able to connect without accessing the flat, despite me asking to cancel the appointment. Meaning they may want to charge me £65 missed appointment
‘Oh. There’s a moving house banner on your account… we need to remove that’
Oh- there’s an issue with your account we need to set up a new direct debit and account. This could take 2
Weeks.
Oh don’t worry, we can do a repair account. But no one can tell
Me how long this will
Take.

I would not recommend plus net. In fact. I have nothing good to say about the set up of the first account in previous address or this house move.
I want out.
This is impacting on my ability to earn money
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: End of my tether

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @circe83 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see the issues you've had getting a service at your new address.

Can you drop me a private message by going Here with your new address, so I can get this sorted for you?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I believe you've phoned just now and I've had your address clarified with the agent that's spoken to you. Really sorry for how we've handled your house move. I can confirm your phone line was installed on the 24/06/21, so I've now placed an order to activate your fibre service at your new address.

I'm taking personal ownership moving forward, and I'll provide an update as soon as I know more, this should be before the close of play today with a view to confirm when your broadband will go live.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@circe83 wrote:

I need to work from home ...

This is impacting on my ability to earn money

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/archive/fpc/#standardTerms

2. Your use of the services

2.1. You must:

2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;

For full on home working you need a business grade service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.