cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to say product change complete

hellyl
Hooked

Email to say product change complete

My husband called plusnet last weds to request a change from ADSL to fibre.  We received the router Friday and plugged it all in - I know the change wasn't completed then, but also knew the router worked on standard ADSL, so though may as well get it connected.  We had been given no dates for the product change to complete other than "approx 10 working days". Which should be 2 weeks from when we called.  

Fast forward to today (1 week from first calling). I get an email to say the product change is now complete.  Bit quick I think, but heyho!  Switch router off and switch back on and no change in speeds whatsoever.  Has the change completed?  Have I done what I need to do with an already setup hub1? 

Final question - if the order isn't "complete" why send an email to say so?Huh

Helen. 

11 REPLIES 11
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Email to say product change complete

There's dozens of posts on here very similar. I suspect the e-mail refers to the change in admin to a new account not a physical change to a fibre connection Cry

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It is ridiculous that that email hasn't been improved. Angry

It seems Plusnet are far more concerned with getting more customers than keeping their existing customers happy!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @hellyl

Apologies for any confusion caused by the product change completion email. As @PeterLoftus has said, this has unfortunately happened to quite a few people and I have been pushing this towards the right people to get this looked in to and improve the communication around the completion notification.

I've checked your order and it's due to complete on 18/10/16.

@hellyl wrote:
Have I done what I need to do with an already setup hub1? 

You shouldn't need to make any changes with the Hub One when the fibre order completes, it should just work.

@hellyl wrote:

Final question - if the order isn't "complete" why send an email to say so?Huh

I ask myself this every time another one of these threads come up. Again, I do sincerely apologise for any confusion caused. I'll pass further feedback on regarding this matter and continue to push for improvement in this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hellyl
Hooked

Thanks for the replies - the 18th is definitely around the date I was expecting.  

bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@hellyl

It isn't obvious, but if you log onto the member centre, follow the "View Your Questions" link and look at Closed Questions, you may find all sorts of interesting information has been put there without you knowing about it; such as your expected activation date and so on. It seems to be used by PlusNet as a sort of audit trail of everything to do with your account, except they don't tell you it's there Grin

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Another place to look is the BT Broadband Availability Checker where you should see an open order with a completion date.

That's when your broadband goes live Cool

hellyl
Hooked

I have got questions in there answered etc, I also posted in there replying to our product change - similar to my original question here and the reply was there will be fluctuations in speed for 10 days after the product change and if after 10 days the speed isn't expected contact customer support Crazy2 if I am not on fibre how can there be a change in speeds - honestly you can't make it up

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@hellyl wrote:

I also posted in there replying to our product change - similar to my original question here and the reply was there will be fluctuations in speed for 10 days after the product change

I'd not noticed then when I checked the order completion date earlier. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sending an email to their manager now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hellyl
Hooked

they have not long replied that, I was a bit short in my reply back - I apologise Grin

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Understandable. I've responded now via the ticket.

If you're still experiencing slow speeds on/after the 18th, feel free to give me a nudge in the forums and we'll get that looked in to for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hellyl
Hooked

thanx, will do.  Am sure it will be fine.