cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email saying "Order Cancelled"

Dave1968

Email saying "Order Cancelled"

Hi there, 

I have had an email yesterday saying my order for home phone is cancelled but  I have not cancelled it?

I also received an email 5 mins titles "Home phone transfer date confirmed"?

Please could you look at my order, to check it is all going ahead ok?

Many thanks

11 REPLIES 11
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Email saying "Order Cancelled"

Hey @Dave1968

Thanks a lot for getting in touch. So the first order that we placed to take over the working line at the property was cancelled by the current provider. We've since replaced the order which has been confirmed for 13/04/2022. hopefully this one goes through. Feel free to give us a nudge on here if you receive another "cancelled order" email and we'll get this looked into before trying again. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@Dave1968 

A warm welcome to the forums.  Who is your current provider?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dave1968

Hi there,

I received another email yesterday saying my order is cancelled, I also had my neighbour who lives in Flat 1, come around to say Plusnet are trying to take over his line?!

Please can you check what is happening with my order and confirm the line is or flat 2? If there is a problem with the line, should I install a new line perhaps? 

Many thanks

Dave

Dave1968

Hi there,

I have no idea as I moved in in August and have had no information.

Thanks

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@Dave1968 wrote:

I received another email yesterday saying my order is cancelled, I also had my neighbour who lives in Flat 1, come around to say Plusnet are trying to take over his line?!

Hi Dave,

This somewhat sounds like an issue with BT Openreach's records - wrong line details against individual properties.  It is not an uncommon issue.

Is there a dial tone on your phone line?  If yes, dial 17070 and note the phone number and provide that to Plusnet.

In the past I used a resource which identified the BT circuit IDs to individual properties.  I cannot recall where that was, nor readily find it.  I recall using it when trying to identify the circuits going into a business premises on which there was no active service.

@198kHz - ring any bells?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Townman wrote:

In the past I used a resource which identified the BT circuit IDs to individual properties.  I cannot recall where that was, nor readily find it.  I recall using it when trying to identify the circuits going into a business premises on which there was no active service.

@198kHz - ring any bells?

From ye olde analogue days, just a faint bell, yes, though I don't recall the details. No idea what's available now.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @Dave1968

You've basically answered what was going to be my next question. It appears as though your neighbour's line is incorrectly registered to your address, something they'd need to raise with their provider. 

Given the fact that this clearly isn't your fault, I'd be more than happy to provision a New Line Installation order and waive the £49.99 engineer charge. Would you like to go ahead with that?

Adam
Dave1968

Hi Adam,

Yes please that would be brilliant!

Any idea of timescales, I am desperate for wifi lol.

Many thanks

Dave

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Dave, I've picked this up for you tonight and I've now arranged for us to place the new line installation order.

We should be able to e-mail/text you within the next few days with when we've booked an engineer visit. It'll likely be another 14 days or so away as it'll be down to engineer availability but I'll make sure it's as soon as we can.

In the meantime and while this won't affect your installation, I'd recommend asking your neighbours to ask their provider to raise what's known as an ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) to register their line at the right address. 

Without doing that, there's a very real possibility that their line may ultimately get "slammed" by a provider accidentally in a similar way we've unknowingly tried a couple of times by placing orders to takeover the line. 

If you've got any further queries in the meantime, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dave1968

That is brilliant news, thank you very much for your help!

Dave 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem, at all, looks like an engineer visit has been arranged for 25/04/2022 at any point between 8AM - 1PM. Smiley

If that's not convenient, let me know and I'll look into getting it pushed back. 

Adam