Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email saying my order is cancelled

FIXED
byphilip12
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Email saying my order is cancelled

I just received an email saying that my house phone package has been cancelled is the a problem with my order
9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Email saying my order is cancelled

Hello @byphilip12 

A warm welcome to the forums.  From whom are you migrating?  Did you tell them you are leaving?

There are a myriad of reason for BT Openreach (BTOR) rejecting new orders, which will give rise to an order cancellation message, which the provisioning team will pick up and deal with directly.

The most common reason for new orders being rejected is that the user told their existing supplier that they are leaving ... consequent to which their existing supplier places a cease order on the line.  Whilst there is an open cease order on the line no other CP/ISP can place take over orders.  BTOR will reject (cancel) all such attempts.  The most proficient solution to this issue would be to ask the current supplier to remove the cease order.

There are various other more complex reasons ... you'll need a staff member to tell you why this has happened for you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

byphilip12
Hooked

I didn't tell them I was leaving I am a new customer also how do I get hold of a staff member?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

A staff member will come along directly.

When you say "New customer" do you mean that...

1. You do not have an existing internet service
  2. The line you want to have an internet service on does not presently have any other ISP providing service on the line?

If you are planning to move into a property, there is every possibility that the current occupant has given notice to their supplier to terminate service - that being the case the "cease on line" rules apply.

If there is no active service on the line, then it is possible that BTOR's records for the line are incomplete and there is no working line.  As I said, a staff member will advise.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

byphilip12
Hooked

There was a tenant before I move in how had internet but I don't know the provider but it sounds like they might have like you said terminate the service
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Thanks a lot for getting in touch @byphilip12 and I'm really sorry to see that there have been some issues on the orders to provide a service at your property. 

there are loads of different reasons that provisioning orders can fail, though this one is a simple case of the orders becoming stuck on Openreach's side. After orders are acknowledged, we usually expect a committed installation date, or some activity at least, within 48 hours, though there was nothing on this one. 

Our provisioning team cancelled the initial orders down, and I've just replaced them both, requesting an installation date of 08/04/2022 as per the date requested by yourself upon sign up. 

All being well, the orders I placed today will progress normally. Feel free to give me a shout if you have any further questions. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
byphilip12
Hooked

Thanks very much
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You're more than welcome @byphilip12 Smiley 

All sorted, I've checked the orders today and can confirm that they've progressed now, and an engineer visit has been confirmed for 08/04/2022 in the afternoon, so at any point between 1PM - 6PM. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
byphilip12
Hooked

Ok thanks for your help
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)