cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email cancelling my order

Mack29

Email cancelling my order

Hi

I've just had an email confirming that my order for Home Phone has been cancelled when I haven't cancelled anything. 

9 REPLIES 9
Musleh

Re: Email cancelling my order

Probably best as it seems like their service is not good at all.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Mack29  Welcome to the forum 

Do you already get your phone from Plusnet or are you currently in the process of moving it? If so the problem is probably due to the current crisis resulting in a severe shortage of both Plusnet and Openreach staff still working. Openreach are currently concentrating their efforts on keeping the network running with reduced staff. Additionally they are not allowing their engineers to enter customers ptemises. To be frank, this is not a good time to ask for any changes to your set up.

@Musleh 

As above, this is not a good time to be moving ISP. If I were you I would cancel your order and stick with your current ISP until all this is over.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mack29

@Baldrick1 
Unfortunately I have no home broadband at this moment in time, although there is a disconnected phoneline to the property, and so need to have the new connection.

Musleh

Moved to new property, no bb ....so waited all this time for nothing really

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Mack29 

I've had a quick look into this before I log off for the night and I can see the existing provider of the line has cancelled our order to takeover the line. Can you contact your current provider to ensure they're aware you're moving away? Just make sure they don't take any action to cancel or cease your line as you'll end up without any service if they do.

I've seen the ticket 200444692 you've raised and I've escalated this to myself to follow up either way tomorrow.

Thanks for your post @Musleh I've looked into this for you and I can see your installation from today is delayed. The engineer notes state that the DP (distribution point) is internal within your property and locked with a key the engineer couldn't get into on the day, this is generally the case if you live in a block of flats.

We can't chase this up at this time of night but I'll see what we can do tomorrow although we may need to wait for the order to be progressed automatically by our suppliers, because they've closed their standard helpdesk due to the pandemic.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mack29

@Gandalf
I really don’t understand as there isn’t an existing phone provider for the property as the service was cancelled well over 10 years ago.
The property belongs to my sister and I’m paying for the broadband to her house. The broadband to my own property is with another provider: that is not changing and I’m not moving away.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Bit confusing, I've just tried to ring you to try to get more of an understanding.

Could you let me know when there'd be a good time for a call?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mack29

Hi Anoush

Please will you call me after 1:30pm today. Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Got your message on the ticket and already noted Smiley 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet