cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly new customer completely cut off. Help please

Polk

Elderly new customer completely cut off. Help please

I set up this account for 90 year old, moving from old Post Office phone account. They ended her phone service yesterday morning, 1 day later than expected, and the phone no longer works. Dial tone but dial out any number and gets a continuous tone, and no incoming call. Broadband is secondary no equipment is connected other than existing phone handset.

The phone is critical. How long should it be down before PlusNet start new connection? We rather expected minutes to hours, not days, and daily visiting is unsafe.

Normally would check with cust. service or online chat, but neither available understandably.

6 REPLIES 6
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Elderly new customer completely cut off. Help please

Hello there @Polk

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry to read the about the circumstances in which you've had to contact us and I apologise for the frustration and worry caused. So we can start to get things resolved please sent me a PM with the account username or full address with postcode and account holders name. 

Thanks. 

Polk

Hi Maddy

Did you get the details on the PM?

Andrew

Error - this DID NOT fix my problem. that was the apple track bar being too sensitive. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Polk 

I'm picking this up now and I'll message you back shortly.

P.S. I flagged to our mods to remove the fix from your topic

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Polk

No other phone. No care line. Age 89 lives alone. Asthmatic and heart failure. [Removed]

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the confirmation however I've asked our mods to edit your post as it contains a lot of personal info in a public forum. Feel free to private message me back. I've taken down the info though and I'll provide an update shortly.

[edit]

@Polk I've raised an emergency welfare case with Openreach and I've created a support ticket you can view and respond to by going Here. I'm taking this on personally moving forward so I'll provide an update as soon as I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Polk

Thankyou.