cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earliest installation date is in over a month!

p0mme
Dabbler

Earliest installation date is in over a month!

Is this standard for Plusnet a new customer to have to wait over a month for installation? I was going to place an order for my new build house, which Im moving to shortly, when I saw the earliest options were in March. Surely this can't be right, or is it?

3 REPLIES 3
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Earliest installation date is in over a month!

Sad to say, yes it is Sad

And many months in some cases Sad Sad

But as it's a new build, it could well be the fact that PN are waiting on others! Sad Sad Sad

If these building developers put more attention, and more cash out the profit, in to the infrastructure then new builds would and could be on some of the best speeds in the country.

Friends in Great Dunmow (newish build) are an example, IIRC they get about 0.5Mbps down and 0.2Mbps up.

p0mme
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply.

Although it's a new build, it does have a phone line installed already with the little box outside. It's not like an engineer needs to come and drill through the walls or dig up the street, which is why I was shocked.

Although I'mnot in the city centre, it's not remote & Plusnet (+BT+EE...) says it can get 50-70 fibre when I put the details in, so it's not like some people who have to wait for bb to be rolled out into the countryside.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Oh, OK Undecided

If the other suppliers order process doesn't indicate a delay (you should be able to almost go through the motions without committing to the service), then I'm not sure why it's only PN. I'd of thought they'd want to snap your hand off!!

You could either give them a call and get it from the horse's mouth (so to speak), or hang around and see if a member of PN staff can give a reason.

(the negative about calling is that there may be a delay (though I'm sure their sales number is answered a darn site quicker) but the positive is you may be able to negotiate a better deal)