Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due to transfer to PlusNet tomorrow but no router or email received

FIXED
ClareRamsdale
Hooked

Due to transfer to PlusNet tomorrow but no router or email received

Hi,

We're due to transfer from BT to PlusNet tomorrow (Friday 17th January) and so far have recieved no email with any information and no router in the post. Checking on the Order Status page says that the first payment is due to be taken but that the equipment has not yet been dispatched.

What's happening? Are we going to find ourselves with no internet tomorrow?

This isn't a promising start, PlusNet!

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Due to transfer to PlusNet tomorrow but no router or email received

@ClareRamsdale 

It is possible that your date has changed due to engineer availability. 

Either way don’t panic about the router, stick with your BT one. If you have a Smarthub it’s a better device, many of us use them. When your service is swapped simply unplug your dsl cable, that’s the one between your router and the filter. Then log into your router and enter your Plusnet account User Name followed by @plusdsl.net and your Plusnet account password in place of the BT ones. Plug the dsl cable back in and all should work as before. If you want in depth instructions then see here. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ClareRamsdale
Hooked

Thanks for the reply.

I can't use my existing router as it's a TP-Link Archer D2 which doesn't support fibre without an external modem. Our BT HomeHub 2 (which I doubt would support fibre either) gave up the ghost a long time ago! There was a second email that said the date of our *phone* service changeover was the 22nd. Does this likely imply that the broadband changeover is also occuring on the 22nd?

Baldrick1

@ClareRamsdale 

That's a pity. In the absence of a Plusnet staffer coming along to respond another way to check your order status is to put your phone number in here.https://my.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker    If you read through and there's any mention of an open order with a completion date then that's when Openreach currently plan to complete your change over. 

Moderator and Customer

ClareRamsdale
Hooked

Thanks again for your help.

I checked the link you provided and, among other things, it says:

"There are multiple orders open on your line which are due to complete by 22-Jan-2020."

We received an initial email to say broadband switch over was on 17th, but a second one a little later to say the phone service switchover was on 22nd. Does this suggest that both changeovers are now the 22nd?

Baldrick1

@ClareRamsdale 

Only a Plusnet staffer can be definite on this but that's how I read it. The phone line has to be operational before broadband can be activated. Plusnet do not ship routers until a few days before the changeover. Sometimes Plusnet fail to advise their customer when Openreach change their programmed dates.

Moderator and Customer

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hi @ClaireRamsdale, thanks for getting in touch.

I have had a check and can see that both your services are set to complete on the 22nd; your service with your current provider should stay active until we take over (maybe a few hours of downtime on the switchover date). It looks like the original date we requested couldn't be met and so our suppliers pushed this back for the soonest date they had available based on engineer availability.

Your router should arrive in the post a few days before the order completes - looks like the order was actually already placed today so that'll likely be with you Monday/ Tuesday.

If you have any further queries in the meantime at all, please just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ClareRamsdale
Hooked

Thanks @LaurenB , that's good to hear. The confusion seems to have come about because the first email with the date of the 17th referred to broadband being transferred whereas the second email said that the phone service would be transferred on the 22nd. It looks now like the second email was also referring to broadband.

Thanks for your help.

ClareRamsdale
Hooked

Just to say that the router arrived on Saturday (quick delivery after I spoke to you on Friday!) and everything went through without a hitch yesterday as planned. The phone changed over at about 0340 (!) and the broadband at 1215. Line speed is up and down a bit at the moment, but that's to be expected for a while. Still a massive improvement over the ADSL we had before.

Thanks for the responses @Baldrick1 and @LaurenB !

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Glad to hear it all went through smoothly @ClareRamsdale.

If you need any assistance in the future, don't hesitate to let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team