cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due to be upgraded from Plusnet Unlimited to Fibre Unlimited today - is it still happening?

FIXED
alisonc26
Fixes: 1

Due to be upgraded from Plusnet Unlimited to Fibre Unlimited today - is it still happening?

Hello everyone, my account is due to be upgraded from standard Unlimited to Fibre Unlimited today and I'm hoping there's someone around from PlusNet who can check the progress of my order as I'm struggling to find any information.

I've looked on My Account > Account Summary but the information is all jumbled up and looks wrong, more like old entries have been given new dates.

I can't raise a question in the Help Assistant but there are closed questions from the last few days in there that suggest the service should have been upgraded at 2am this morning but I've had no communications and the speed test is showing the same download/upload speeds as before.  I also haven't received the new router yet so I'm guessing the broadband should have stopped working if it's been upgraded - it's working fine.

I've tried contacting customer services but they're too busy to connect me to an advisor and the online chat is down... bit disappointed really, I've been with PlusNet for years and this isn't the good service that I've experienced in the past.

1 REPLY 1
alisonc26
Fixes: 1

Re: Due to be upgraded from Plusnet Unlimited to Fibre Unlimited today - is it still happening?

Fix

I was looking through the Code of Practice page and a chat window popped up so I've managed to chat to an advisor.  They were able to check my order and it's been delayed by a few weeks, I should have got an email but for some reason I didn't.

For anyone wanting to check, I think I've found this information for myself.  If you go to Manage Account > Help Assistant you can see closed calls.  The latest one says that my upgrade should go through by midnight on the date the advisor told me.

From now on, I'll keep checking that page and hopefully I'll be able to get the updates from there.