cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful Service

tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Dreadful Service

I arranged for my service to be moved to a new address, which did not go ahead. I was given less than 3 days notice by solicitors, so contacted Plusnet as soon as was possible. I was unable to get through by telephone, so added a note to my existing question. This was ignored for 24 hours by plusnet, and was therefore inside the 48 hours required.
I telephoned on Friday after broadband was ceased, was left on hold for an hour and six minutes before being cut off. I received an email telling me my telephone service would not be disconnected. The service was disconnected seven minutes later.
I asked for this to be escalated, but have had no response since. So, with no telephone and broadband service, how do I go about cancelling my service with Plusnet?

Customer service to do you proud? Do you over more like.

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Dreadful Service

Sorry to hear that.

I'm looking into this for you now and I'll update your ticket soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

I have replied to the support ticket.
The fact that plusnet sat on my request for 24 hours before taking action has not been addressed.

The fact that I asked to escalate my issue being ignored has not been addressed.

The fact I was lied to has not been addressed.

tazmaniandevil
Grafter

The telephone service I was assured would not be disconnected has now been re-connected on day 6 after the service was wrongly terminated.

The fact that plusnet sat on my request for 24 hours before taking action has been given some excuse about power issues. Are we to believe that a company the size of plusnet has no alternative in place when there is a power outage?

The fact that I asked to escalate my issue being ignored has not been addressed.

My broadband service was previously FTTC. This is being downgraded to council ADSL it seems. Can someone confirm the fact that my connection is via FTTC equipment in the cabinet outside my home will allow this?

I was assured my broadband would be re-connected today. Bearing in mind my service was disconnected at a few minutes past midnight on the day it happened, this has not yet happened. The excuse I was given before was "This can take up to midnight" This means it is possible the service I was promised today will potentially not be available until tomorrow. If it is actually possible to supply council ADSL via FTTC equipment.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The fact that plusnet sat on my request for 24 hours before taking action has not been addressed.

It can take 24-72 hours for a support ticket to be picked up.

I'm personally overseeing this for you. May I ask what you would like from an escalation?

We've simply passed info onto you as received from our suppliers. I do sincerely apologise that the cease order went through despite us requesting it was cancelled. It's likely that the order was past point of no return in our supplier systems.

I appreciate that this shouldn't have come about in the first instance, as the adviser that changed the required by date on your house move provide order should've done so on the cease order too.

My broadband service was previously FTTC. This is being downgraded to council ADSL it seems. Can someone confirm the fact that my connection is via FTTC equipment in the cabinet outside my home will allow this?

I placed an ADSL order in an effort to get your service back on quicker. If I had placed a fibre order, the lead times would've been likely to have been much longer and possibly not before you move house.

The ADSL service will not be via FTTC equipment. It'll be via the relevant equipment in the exchange.

I was assured my broadband would be re-connected today. Bearing in mind my service was disconnected at a few minutes past midnight on the day it happened, this has not yet happened. The excuse I was given before was "This can take up to midnight" This means it is possible the service I was promised today will potentially not be available until tomorrow.

When we're given an "activation date", we're advised of the day not an exact time. We're also specifically advised not to chase up on the day, but to follow up the next working day.

If it is actually possible to supply council ADSL via FTTC equipment.

As above, the ADSL service won't be via FTTC equipment.

I hope this helps clarify things. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

It can take 24-72 hours for a support ticket to be picked up.

When there is no other way of contacting you, what else should customers do? Why was this question not answered when asked?

I'm personally overseeing this for you. May I ask what you would like from an escalation?

So has this been escalated beyond customer support? Is that what you are saying?
If so why was I not told this was escalation beyond customer support? What is your position within the company?

We've simply passed info onto you as received from our suppliers. I do sincerely apologise that the cease order went through despite us requesting it was cancelled. It's likely that the order was past point of no return in our supplier systems.

I appreciate that this shouldn't have come about in the first instance, as the adviser that changed the required by date on your house move provide order should've done so on the cease order too.

I was emailed after your useless telephone cut me off - after being on hold for an hour and six minutes - telling me my telephone service would not be disconnected. This service was disconnected around 7 minutes after I was able to access my emails. (bearing in mind you had already lost me my broadband)
Perhaps you have a different view of the world, but when someone tells me something that later turns out not to be true - I get slightly annoyed. AT NO TIME DID ANYONE TRY TO CONTACT ME TO TELL ME WHAT HAD HAPPENED! When I queried this I was ignored.

I placed an ADSL order in an effort to get your service back on quicker. If I had placed a fibre order, the lead times would've been likely to have been much longer and possibly not before you move house.

The ADSL service will not be via FTTC equipment. It'll be via the relevant equipment in the exchange.

So are you now telling me that the connection I currently have via the openreach equipment in my home is not going to work with council ADSL? Should I reconfigure my connection in some way?
If so, when exactly did you plan to tell me this? Was I expected to pick it up telepathically?

I was assured my broadband would be re-connected today. Bearing in mind my service was disconnected at a few minutes past midnight on the day it happened, this has not yet happened. The excuse I was given before was "This can take up to midnight" This means it is possible the service I was promised today will potentially not be available until tomorrow.

When we're given an "activation date", we're advised of the day not an exact time. We're also specifically advised not to chase up on the day, but to follow up the next working day.

My support ticket says nothing about midnight incidentally. Surely this should have been stated?
Why not simply tell people to expect their service to work the day after the activation date? It's not rocket surgery. It's called managing expectations.

If it is actually possible to supply council ADSL via FTTC equipment.

As above, the ADSL service won't be via FTTC equipment.

Back to a previous question? Do I need to change the way my equipment is connected? If so, when exactly did you plan to tell me this? Was I expected to pick it up telepathically?

Plusnet really need to raise your game in terms of customer service. Simply taking money, failing to carry out instructions properly, and expecting paying customers to accept it is not an option?

tazmaniandevil
Grafter

We still have no date for moving. This should be pushed back again, until we have had word from the solicitors regarding firm dates. I have also updated the support ticket, not that anyone will pick that up until it is too late.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THE CEASE ORDER IS ALSO STOPPED THIS TIME!
My severely disabled Wife needs access to a working telephone in the event of medical emergency.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Sorry to see things have been held back again, we've cancelled the move and have confirmed this on ticket 162660107  for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Just had notification of my bill.

I see there is a P&P charge for the new router. That's fair enough, but I also notice there is no discount applied for the time I was without telephone or broadband; and no discount applied for the degraded service I was finally given back.

I appreciate the cease order was not actioned within 48 hours, but as I could not get through on telephone; chat is never available; and I had no other means of contact; I can't see where it is my fault my update to the support ticket went ignored for over 24 hours.

The way this was handled has been shocking. My updates here, and on the support tickets were only actioned AFTER I shamed you on Facebook.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by our response times.

I've issued you with a refund to cover the downtime now. It should land in your bank or building society within 14 days. When your service is back on fibre we'll issue you with another refund.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet