cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downtime during switchover

Rich_iz

Downtime during switchover

Hi

I’m moving from SkyBroadband to PlusNet. Today was my estimated switchover date. My Sky connection was cut off when I woke up this morning but my PlusNet has not yet been activated, and it’s now 2PM.

I’m currently working from home due to the coronavirus outbreak and need internet to work.

Is the downtime common? My understanding was that there would be limited break in connection.

Due to coronavirus I can’t speak to anyone directly at PlusNet.

Any help or assurance much appreciated.

Thanks
Richard
4 REPLIES 4
Rich_iz

Re: Downtime during switchover

Just an update for other people, my broadband switched over at 5PM. I got an email confirming the switch and all is working fine.

Thanks.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Rich_iz,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that the downtime caused you and for the delay in getting back to you on here. The switchover is normally a quick process but there can sometimes be a few hours of downtime on the day. I'm glad to hear that everything is now up and running for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
twinstripe

*normally*

My phone switchover was done yesterday a 6 AM, confirmed at 9 AM and I'm still waiting for my broadband confirmation. I've been without internet now for nearly 36 hours, and have had to come into the office in order to work, an option which won't always be available to me.

Some people on here have been waiting for two weeks to a month

I would log it, but so far this is the only evidence I've seen that Plusnet support actually exists, because the queue time on the phone never drops below an hour and there's no live chat system.

Lkcomms
Hooked

They seem very selective in who they choose to "help" and offer advice to, from what I've seen, it's mostly replying to things already resolved, not fixing actual problems, both on here and social media.

I just received an email from money saving expert saying they were assured switches right now are absolutely no problem. Ha. Might go email them now and let them know this absolutely is not the case.