cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade to regular broadband - no customer support

MB-87
Hooked

Downgrade to regular broadband - no customer support

I recently placed an order for fibre broadband but wasn't told it wasn't available at all until the order had been processed and the router had been ordered and dispatched. We've been asked if we want to downgrade to regular broadband but I can't get through to anybody at all on the phone to give them the go ahead and continue with regular broadband. I'm disappointed with the service already if I'm being honest as I feel that I was sold something that wasn't available in our area in the first place and now either have to downgrade to regular broadband or go through the hassle of finding another provider and sending all the hardware back.

I can't get through to anybody by phone as I'm just placed on hold for ages every time I phone hence I'm placing this comment here, i've raised several tickets that have either been closed or i'm told i need to contact somebody else, i've even tried the online chat but am always number 20 something in the que. We would like to carry on with regular broadband but I'm not happy with the service I've received so far from plus net if i'm honest and am worried about entering a contract based on the service I have received so far.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
MB-87
Hooked

Re: Downgrade to regular broadband - no customer support

Can anyone help?

MB-87
Hooked

Info
 at 14:07, Oct 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 21. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 14:09, Oct 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 22. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 14:11, Oct 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 22. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 14:13, Oct 5:

Info
 at 14:15, Oct 5:

Info
 at 14:17, Oct 5:

Info
 at 14:19, Oct 5:

Info
 at 14:21, Oct 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 18. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 14:23, Oct 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 18. Thank you for your patience.

Giving up for another day with no customer support whatsoever

MB-87
Hooked

Another day spent trying to speak to plus net with no joy, apparently they'll do me proud?!

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Really sorry for the queues. I'm currently in the process of placing your order and I'll send you a ticket update confirming that shortly.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MB-87
Hooked

Thank you Matty,

Can you give me any info on speeds in my area and if they'll be adequate on regular broadband as fibre isnt available apparently, just asking as I dont want to be tied into a contract if the speed isn't great.

Thanks for your help.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It seems to be around the 7Mbps mark, I'll let you know further information on the ticket though. Just writing you up a response now.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Two posts released from Spam folder and one duplicate post removed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still