cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t switch to Plusnet unless you like to wait....

ABA

Don’t switch to Plusnet unless you like to wait....

Started the switch from to Plusnet from Talk Talk on the 15th of October and still waiting....

I thought Talk Talk had poor customer service, but the experience with Plusnet is worse than anything I have ever experienced with them.  Now having read some of the comments on the forum on switching I’m not looking forward to when the switch actually occurs....

If you haven’t switched to Plusnet yet think carefully and don't be lured by what looks like a good deal.

6 REPLIES 6
The-Doctor

Re: Don’t switch to Plusnet unless you like to wait....

The thing is that switching involves 3 parties, your old ISP, your new one and openreach.

Migrations are handled by rules set up by OFCOM and can have delays for several reasons due to possible complications.

I don't know why your migration hasn't happened but when I bought my current house 18 months ago the new house had Talk Talk and I was in contract with BT and had to move services to the new house with BT or face early leaving penalties.

We gave BT over 3 weeks notice and initially they said no problem it can be done for our move date.

Then with a week to go Talk Talk was refusing to release the line to BT stating that I had to take Talk Talk as the previous owner was still in contract. Small problem the previous owner was deceased and we were buying the house from the estate.

Finally BT managed to get Talk Talk to release the line as I was going to take this to the Ombudsman but I didn't have a working phone line at my new house for two weeks after we moved in, over 5 weeks after we asked BT to take over the line.

So before pointing fingers at any one party it might be worth wile to see if the forum moderators can work out why your migration is taking longer than expected, it might be TT or OR that are delaying it.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

TalkTalk are known for trying to delay things. They tried with me when I migrated over to Plusnet. 

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

The-Doctor wrote:
might be worth wile to see if the forum moderators can work out why your migration is taking longer than expected

Not the forum moderators as they are just customers and have no access to Plusnet systems.

It would however benefit from attention by the forum staff.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there and welcome aboard.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a delay with your order.

It doesn't look like our system had put the order through to our suppliers automatically. I can see you've contacted our support team and we've put it through manually now.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ABA

I now have an activation date, overall I’m glad I’m only signed up for 12 months, as it took over 20 minutes to speak to someone and it’s obivious Plusnet’s admin systems are dropping the ball....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry about the initial poor experience.

Let us know how your activation goes and if you have any issues following.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet