cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't go full fibre with Plusnet!

starchild
Grafter

Don't go full fibre with Plusnet!

A story probably very familiar to most on here...

Been with Free-online/Plusnet for 20 years.

Came to end of contract. Price doubles (nice reward for loyalty).

Agreed a new contract for go full fibre. 4 weeks for an engineer visit whilst still paying double. Received email confirming date of install.

Engineer doesn't turn up. No compensation despite email to me saying that I'll be charged £65 if I'm not in when the engineer calls.

1 hour on hold waiting to speak to anyone.

Passed to 3 different departments - none of which speak to each other so I tell my story 3 times.

Told that the engineer will not be coming and the next available date is 4 weeks away (with no guarantee that this will be honoured). Still paying double price, no compensation and still no fibre.

Well done team - cracking job!

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Full Fibre to My Order.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post removed as cross-posting is not allowed as per Forum rules

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Don't go full fibre with Plusnet!

It matters not which ISP you chose - if BT OR cannot provide and engineer for four weeks ... then they have no engineers available for four weeks.  It helps not that the beggars keep taking days off with a typical unionised "stuff the customers" attitude.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

starchild
Grafter

It gets worse...

The OR engineer turned up much later that same day saying that he'd just got notification of the job. He installed the fibre and router and I had connectivity. This is despite PN telling me that the work in the exchange wasn't scheduled for a month!

I'm now getting 55Mbps on my 145Mbps service and the old fibre extra FTC service still appears to be connected - I also still have my PN landline! I've waited for the OR rescheduled date to pass but still no change. I've logged into my account and it's showing a renewal on the fibre extra contract and no full fibre product - and I'm still being charged double!!!

I really don't care if it's a problem with OR - I contract with PN so they need to take any hit when OR screw up.

And of course it's necessary to put aside half a day if you want to speak with anyone at PN.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@starchild 

Pure speculation but I would suggest the engineer finished their allocated work earlier than expected so was given your order to do. The availablility would be unexpected so could not be programmed.

Now you have a working system as such it becomes a PN problem. It's possible the PN system hasn't updated to reflect things  - even possible that OR haven't notified them so they don't know. If the install was today the system might update overnight.

You need to phone support or wait for a staffie to pick up on here.

Brian

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @starchild,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I can see that this case has been raised to our HLE Team and that they will be in touch shortly after reviewing the case. Thank you for your continued patience and I sincerely hope that we're able to resolve this matter soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team