cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Plusnet not care about keeping customers?

stuclark1975
Grafter

Do Plusnet not care about keeping customers?

I have just spoken to someone in customer services who was very argumentative and not interested in retaining me as a customer.

He refused to match the offers advertised on your website and was more interested in slagging off every other provider rather than offering anything to me as a reason to stay.

I'm not impressed to say the least!

13 REPLIES 13
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Do Plusnet not care about keeping customers?

The word you are looking for is......... churn.Lips_are_sealed

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @stuclark1975,

Please accept my apologies for our advisor behavior, I have listened to the call and provided feedback accordingly.

Our existing customer offers can be lower than our new customer offers but I appreciate this wasn't the case on this occasion. With regards to the deal that you have been provided, I have requested a call back to see if we can provide a better offer than the one you were offered by this member of our team.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
stuclark1975
Grafter

Thank you Judy, I await the call back.

Incidentally, why did the RENEWAL offer I received include an ACTIVATION FEE??????????Huh

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @stuclark1975

There should not be an activation fee when renewing your contract. I have just checked the offer you were offered this morning and it did not include an activation fee.

I can see that my colleague Lewis has organised a call back from the Retention team to discuss the offers with you.

Let us know how it goes please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
stuclark1975
Grafter

What is this £15 / £14 then? ...

However he is a breakdown for the new contract.  

Monthly breakdown as follows: 

24 Month Contract - £33.99, £15.00 for Fibre Extra Broadband

18 Month Contract - £32.99- £14.00 for Fibre Extra broadband 

This also includes Line Rental at £18.99  

This is a fixed price contract as well, so the price for Broadband and Line Rental will never increase throughout your contract.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

That's the price of the broadband component of the price.  £18.99 (Line rental) + £15.00 (broadband) = £33.99 and £18.99 (Line rental) + £14.00 (broadband) = £32.99

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Deleted @pjmarsh has beaten me to posting the same response.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

stuclark1975
Grafter

Well that makes sense, although it's terribly badly written!

Also trying to work out why the 18 month is cheaper than the 24 month - presumably this is so they can whack a much bigger rise on at month 19, whereas they're stuck with honouring a lower price for 6 months extra on the 24 month deal?

By that logic, it won't be long before we see 12 or even 6 month contracts - that way they can stick to their "guaranteed price" promise but still whack an increase on anually?Huh

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I would expect the 24 month price to be higher for exactly the reason you state. The size of the increase when you renew is down to your negotiating skill (at least it is at present).

One tip here. To save more money you can go for Line Rental Safer, which from memory saves £2.50 per month. This runs for a year. Consequently if you take this every year then on the second year, if you take the 18 month broadband option, you find that the broadband contract runs out half way through the LRS contract. You are then in the position where you cannot leave without losing 6 months LRS. This puts you in a very weak position if trying to negotiate a new broadband contract.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

It's quite possible they've included the breakdown in case you do take LRS, so you can see what you would pay.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @stuclark1975, offers will generally vary and you'll find that some 24 month contracts can be cheaper, it just depends on the offer at the time.

At the end of the 18 months you would still be eligible to negotiate a new deal going forward.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
stuclark1975
Grafter

That's lovely Lauren, and a great way of avoiding offering the same deals to all customers (as you're going to be forced to do from next year).

Unfortunately I still haven't received a call back - I guess that answers the initial question quite well... i.e. No, we don't care about keeping you as a customer!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @stuclark1975, I can assure you that we do value your custom. I'm sorry you haven't yet had a callback, I've sent a chaser email for someone to contact you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team