cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need an engineer?

MeriamM

Do I need an engineer?

Hi everyone, 

I'm going to join Plusnet broadband on one of the rolling one-month contracts, and I don't know if I need an engineer visit or not. Is there any way of finding out?

Thanks so much

Meriam

8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Do I need an engineer?

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from General Chat to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@MeriamM  Welcome to the forum.

Original reply deleted. I hadn't realised there was such a product.

I quote from https://www.plus.net/?_ga=2.92190234.1294052908.1598177746-1621836461.1598177746 :

Unlimited Broadband (no contract)

Prices and terms are subject to change during your contract.

For new Plusnet customers that sign up for a 30-day rolling contract. Line rental is included in the price (line only, no calls included). Price from month 13 currently £32.48 a month (incl. line rental). Compatible line required otherwise a £49.99 installation charge may apply (excluding any external construction charges). We'll include a wireless router worth £40.00. You may terminate your services at any time without having to pay an early termination charge.  Outside your 14 day cancellation period, you'll have to give at least 14 days' notice.

So, what is the month 1 to 12 charge? Can you cancel at the end of the contract, that is within 1 month and keep the Hub. Or is this another Plusnet screw up?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MeriamM

So I spoke to an advisor on the phone a few days ago, and they said that the charge before month 13 is £23.99 per month, and that you can cancel the contract at any point as long as you give a notice of at least fourteen days. 

Of course the downside is having to pay an activation fee of £50 which you can avoid on a fixed-term contract from what I know, but if you're staying somewhere temporarily, this works out better than being stuck with a 18 months contract!

Baldrick1

@MeriamM 

Sorry but I'm still sceptical. I would recommend that you get it in writing that there's no cancellation charge if you leave after a couple of months.

Moderator and Customer

MeriamM

Thanks so much, great idea, I will do that. To be honest I am skeptical as well, as this seems to be something that very few providers do. I've just spoken to them again and they seem to insist that an engineer is needed for this type of contract. I didn't get a solid explanation apart from the fact that they can't work with the line we currently have (Virgin). 

MeriamM

Do you by any chance have an email I could contact them on? I'm only finding numbers and the online chat function

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Live Chat was abandoned earlier this year, despite references to it still appearing on the website.

Plusnet do not accept incoming emails.

The postal address is:

Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield. S1 2GU

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Baldrick1

@MeriamM 

If your Virgin service is cable rather than providing broadband over a BT telephone line then you will certainly need a new line installing. 

It's a shame that a Plusnet staffer has not picked up this thread and responded. Hopefully one will come along soon and comment.

Moderator and Customer