Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need an engineer visit?

FIXED
Ultrasonic
Hooked

Do I need an engineer visit?

Hi,

I placed an order for fibre broadband this morning. I ticked the 'I don't have a phone number' option as there has been no landline used at my property for at least 18 months (I moved in a year ago). There is however a phone socket on the wall (first picture below) which I've opened up and is connected as shown in the second photo. The order specified that I needed an engineer visit, but I'm wondering if this is actually the case?

Thanks for any help.

IMG_20181028_120124.jpg

IMG_20181028_115954.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Do I need an engineer visit?

Fix

Hi there, 

I've just performed line availability check on our phone supplier's systems and that's not showing any "stopped lines" at your premises that we could potentially take over without an engineer visit so with that in mind we'd need to go ahead with the current plan of getting someone out to you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ultrasonic
Hooked

Thanks for checking for me Adam.

It's odd as there obviously has been a phone line in the past but if I have to pay for an engineer visit the so be it.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Ultrasonic 

Sorry to see this. 

@adamwalker is correct and I'm afraid we need to carry on as was initially stated. 

This could be for any number of reasons, and therefore taking a guess as to which one it is would be nothing short of a blind assumption, and we wouldn't feel right in doing that. 

Please let us know how the visit goes. 

MoR

Ultrasonic
Hooked

Is there any way to reschedule the engineer visit without spending a stupid amount of time on hold?

The time I'd carefully selected when placing my order was changed to one that isn't suitable, and frustratingly I was simply sent a text telling me of the new time rather than someone phoning to discuss it. 

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Ultrasonic,

If you'd like to respond to us by private message here with your preferred time and date, we can check our supplier's systems and advise if that is possible.

Bear in mind that it's unlikely we'll be able to bring the date forward, as you will already have been allocated the earliest suitable date and time by our supplier. You may also find that a re-schedule gives you an appointment slot a lot later than one you have already been given.

Please ensure you allow at least 48 hours notice before your existing appointment slot, as this is the minimum notice allowed by our suppliers to avoid a charge for the engineer's new appointment.

Thanks.

Ultrasonic
Hooked

Thanks for you reply @LordFoul - I've just sent a private message as requested.

Ultrasonic
Hooked

I've not had any update on this yet?

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Ultrasonic

Thank you for providing us with those pictures. I have had a look into your order and responded to your query via a ticket.

You can view my response by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to ask.

Ultrasonic
Hooked

Thanks for resolving this @Dumbledore.