Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have any reproach here?

Zoidster
Grafter

Do I have any reproach here?

Hi,
I am painfully aware that Plusnet are not remotely interested in letting me contact them, let alone solving my query/problem.

I wondered if any other victims might have advice on how proceed here?

My position is, they have taken my initial payment and set up the DD, then no communication whatsoever. I find this strange as when switching before the provider I am leaving has contacted me within days, as well as communications from the new provider.

As communication with plusnet via any method has proved impossible, I wonder how I can proceed?

The ideal solution for me would to be to cancel the whole thing, get my money back and go elsewhere, but not sure the best way to do that? Will my old Broadband be cut off? Am I obliged to stay with Plusnet? How can I even do this without Plusnet's help?

Has anyone got any help or advice they can offer?
10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Do I have any reproach here?

@Zoidster 

Whatever you decide be aware that you only have 14 days from the day that you signed up to cancel or you will get into a dispute over cancellation charges.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Zoidster
Grafter

You know I think you're right. Will spend the rest of the day on hold, again😪

There has to be another way! Do they have an office I can drive to?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Zoidster 

There's always snail mmail. I would recommend recorded delivery.

See. https://www.plus.net/support/pdf/plusnet_cancellation_form.pdf

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Zoidster
Grafter

Thank you!

I read your reply and thought, you're right. I need to cancel this before the 14 days are up, so I resolved to call CS and wait all night and all day if I had to.
I was surprised to hear someone actually answer after 20 minutes or so (previously have waited up to nearly two hours and given up!)

All my pent up anger was ready to be launched at the poor CS rep. But to his credit, he was nothing but polite, apologetic and (most importantly) extremely helpful!
All sorted now thanks to Mark Connelly. This guy has single handedly restored faith in a company that I had previously held in such high esteem (previously used in about 2014) ..but was rapidly losing faith in.

The guy deserves a Bonus.
chinadavester83
Hooked

Interesting... I was finding I got through on the phone when I was repeatedly chasing them a couple of weeks ago- typically sitting through 10-20 minutes of godawful hold music. Of course, that hasn't actually got me the broadband I've paid for... but at least I can now make my futile communications with them through the online ticket.

In terms of cancelling... yeah, I'm pretty sure you have to speak with them to do it. So I guess you're in the Catch-22 of wanting to cancel because you can't speak to them, but not being able to because, guess what, you can't speak to them... 

Zoidster
Grafter

Yes, this was the most frustrating part.

It's sad, because one of the reasons I chose Plusnet was because I had brilliant CS service during my last time with them a few years back.

The ability to deal with CS issues quickly and effectively here, was for me a game changer and something that put them head and shoulders above everyone else.
I suppose others might feel different and prefer to speak to someone on the phone? But for me, this approach was perfect.
Zoidster
Grafter

Jesus Christ, this is like pulling teeth...

Finally got through to someone at plusnet on Friday evening, he seemed really helpful..

Now, I have just got a text message telling me that they will be switching some other poor sods number to Plusnet (Not sure whose? nothing to do with me!)
Of course, now its back to "roll a double 6 to speak to someone at Plusnet - then roll another double 6 to get them to actually do something.

This whole episode is ridiculous and literally making me consider throwing myself onto a railway line.

The person I spoke to opened a support ticket where I can add comments, does anyone bother to read them?
Does anyone from Plusnet read this forum.

Really don't need this.

Moderators Note: Personal insult removed

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Jesus Christ, this is like pulling teeth...

Moderators Note

Topics merged

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Zoidster
Grafter

Re: Jesus Christ, this is like pulling teeth...

Really?

Well thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Zoidster 

From what I can see we were taking over the correct line but we were changing your landline number. I'm sorry to see you weren't happy with this, we'd have been happy to re-issue the order retaining your number however I can see you've since decided to cancel so we'll issue you with a full refund of what you've paid to us within 7 working days.

The refund will be issued to the bank account we have linked to an active direct debit on file. If there's no active direct debit then we'll send a cheque by post, which may take a bit longer.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet