Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfied with service

FIXED
Tphillips2
Hooked

Dissatisfied with service

Hi,

I'm disappointed in the customer service I've thus far received from Plusnet and thought I'd try my luck online.

I bought your unlimited fibre package on the 13th July with an installation date of the 31st July.

This wait was reasonable as I understand only one company does the installation so dates can be scarce. To ensure there would be no issues on the day I booked it off work.

On Thursday 27th I contacted you on the online messaging system to check everything was still okay with the order, as I hadn't received any emails regarding updates and had just noticed there was an error with my order status.

The person I spoke to essentially said he would have to resubmit the order, I couldn't keep my installation date on the 31st, and I'd be contacted in 24hrs with a new date. I wasn't particularly happy.

The next day I get a text to say the Internet will be activated by midmorning on the 17th August, now over a month from the initial order and a further 2 and a half weeks from the initial installation. Needless to say I really wasn't happy after hearing this.

I rang up customer service who apart from sending the router and correcting notes on my account, couldn't do anything to speed up the process. By correcting the notes it seems like I should now get order updates.

What I'm really disappointed and dissatisfied about is that I had to contact Plusnet to find out that the installation I was supposed to have in a couple days time wasn't even going ahead. How is that acceptable?

Following on from that, it sounds like I'm now to the back of the 2.5 week waiting line for an engineer, after waiting through that line already for 2 weeks.

If I was told 2 weeks ago that I had to redo my order (like Plusnet should have) then I wouldn't have this issue.

I do understand that BT provide the installation dates as a supplier, as I keep being told, but it is a result of your poor service that I've had to wait an additional 2.5 weeks, not anyone else's.

And I fail to believe Plusnet have no leverage or capability to push for a faster installation date in specific cases. If you're saying you can't work with your supplier to resolve customer disatisfaction which you caused, it hardly gives me confidence that I won't have more issues with your service down the line.

Many thanks,
Toby
9 REPLIES 9
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Dissatisfied with service

Hi @Tphillips2 and welcome  to the Forums.

Sorry that your introduction to Plusnet has not been as trouble free as you expected.

This problem with 'order cancelations'  has been picked up by the Superuser group and escalated to the Management team.  I'll add your observations to the list of examples to be investigated.

One of the Plusnet staff should pick up this thread during the morning for more direct responses to your particular issues.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Tphillips2
Hooked

Hi Maurice,

Thank you for replying. I look forward to receiving a response,

Many thanks,
Toby
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry about the delays you've experienced.

Unfortunately the order failed due to a issue with our suppliers and we weren't able to pick the cancellation in time.

I can see the order has been replaced now but any simultaneous order takes a minimum of 10 working days.

We can't speed this up but once the issue has been resolved we'd look into a goodwill gesture.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Tphillips2
Hooked

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your response.

I'm still dissatisfied that the process cannot be quickened. Whilst I would prefer the service to be installed sooner, a goodwill gesture would be appreciated.

Please can you keep me informed of any unexpected changes.

Many thanks,
Toby
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry about the delay with your order Toby. It should go live on the 16th, at any point up to midnight.

You'll receive two messages on the day [one to advise your phone service is up, and another to advise the broadband is ready so you can then setup your router]

Let us know on here once your order completes, and we'll happily offer you a gesture of goodwill.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tphillips2
Hooked

Just to let you know that I have received both message today and the broadband is up and working.

Many thanks,

Toby

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Fantastic, thanks for letting us know Toby

As a gesture of goodwill we can offer you 1 month free line rental, let us know if you're happy to accept that.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tphillips2
Hooked

I am happy to accept that. Thank you for understanding my complaint and providing a goodwill gesture.

Toby
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Toby. It looks like I can't apply that as a discount so I've sent you the equivalent as a refund instead.

You can view the service notice here

Let us know if there's absolutely anything else we can help with

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet