Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful Service

FIXED
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Disgraceful Service

0800 calls are free on mobile and landline, so don't understand why you are spending money on calls.

Do let us know how you get on with TT.

MarkDoncaster
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I got through today to customer service, I have cancelled my contract but I have received no email confirming this. They offered me no good will gesture as was stated to me on here by Plusnet staff so I cancelled. I just hope its been cancelled now as the person I was dealing had very poor English and was difficult to understand and has not sent email confirmation which they said they would.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi Mark.

I totally understand your frustration at the engineer times you have been given. We rely on the information given to us by Openreach, similar to other companies accessing the Openreach network. Appointments are subject to engineer availability in your area, this is information we are given by Openreach and would have been relayed to you as such.

With regards to your calls, I'm really sorry you haven't been able to get through to us. I appreciate you don't wish to spend time on the phone, however our Customer Options Team will need to speak to you if you wish to cancel your order. You can contact them direct on 0800 013 2632, this is a freephone number on most UK provider call plans, so it should not cost you to call them. They are available between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

I can confirm there are currently no wait times for this department so you will be able to get straight through.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Given that BTOR advise that they do not have resources available in your area, it will be very interesting to see how TT manage to deliver their "promise" of the 10th.  Good luck!

As far as PN being in the BT group … "so you should all be able to sort it out" ... clearly indicates an unawareness of how the industry works and the strict Ofcom rules which require BT Openreach and BT Wholesale to treat all CPs and ISPs equally at an arms length distance, be they Plusnet, BT Retail or Talk Talk.  There is no "internal sorting out" to be had as you imply - there are a set of rules to be followed by everyone, including Talk Talk.  If your line is considered to be "in service" there will be a MINIMUM of 10 working days before they can provide service - irrespective of the claims they make.  If it is considered to be not in service, there is a slim chance that it could be done in 5 days, though do note that there are additional  BTOR engineering activities required for migrating the line to TT's LLU network.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MarkDoncaster
Dabbler

Fix

They do have resources in my area but I won't be going with Talk Talk as Sky have a better deal. The exact same unlimited fibre Plusnet was providing but at a cheaper price of £30 per month plus a £100 master card and £90 cash back. 

"strict Ofcom rules which require BT Openreach and BT Wholesale to treat all CPs and ISPs equally at an arms length distance"

Clearly indicates you lack total knowledge of this because subject. BT have complaints from all other internet providers that they are (BT) treating Open Reach as a separate entity and are using it to favour their own customers first.

"If your line is considered to be "in service" there will be a MINIMUM of 10 working days before they can provide service"

I already have a working installed line, it only needed to be switched on. When I first signed with Plusnet 18months ago my old property had no telephone line at all, yet they installed it and switched me on all within a week.

Also I would like to add even more poor customer service, (one could say dirty tactics) but I rang up today to make sure my contract was cancelled as I rang up yesterday to cancel it but got no email confirmation as promised. I find out it was never cancelled so good job I rang up again today. My contract is now finally cancelled and I have left Plusnet thank god. Never again! I was also never compensated for the downtime as promised.

My problem is now resolved.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Clearly indicates you lack total knowledge of this because subject. BT have complaints from all other internet providers that they are (BT) treating Open Reach as a separate entity and are using it to favour their own customers first.

There is good empirical evidence that Sky and TT always had preferential service from BTOR compared to other ISPs - it used to be the case that Ofcom required that they had preferential treatment.  Indeed the fact that Sky and TT claim they can supply service faster than Plusnet are able to arrange could be testament to that exact claim of an unlevel playing field … but certainly not to the benefit of the Plusnet end of the group.  There are some of us a round here who firmly believe that Plusnet being within the BT group disfavours Plusnet in respect of service from BTw and BTOR.

They [Talk Talk] do have resources in my area

Seems to prove the point of bias - lets see what actually happens! Wink

I already have a working installed line, it only needed to be switched on. When I first signed with Plusnet 18months ago my old property had no telephone line at all, yet they installed it and switched me on all within a week.

A working line take over is subject to the 10 working day anti-slamming rules.  You confuse technical activity with business process controls - they are not the same and indeed it can be frustrating that something which actually takes little effort, can have good reason barriers to happening quickly.

Depending on engineer availability a new line order could be delivered in a far shorter time scale … as you have clearly experienced before.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MarkDoncaster
Dabbler

"Seems to prove the point of bias - lets see what actually happens!"

Nothing will happen because if you cared to read i will be going with Sky now not talk talk.

"A working line take over is subject to the 10 working day anti-slamming rules.  You confuse technical activity with business process controls - they are not the same and indeed it can be frustrating that something which actually takes little effort, can have good reason barriers to happening quickly"

A working line as in the line is perfectly fine and already installed. It's just switching on at the exchange. As I stated Plusnet installed within a week before; now i'm already a customer I'm made to wait nearly month, zero down time compensation and told my contract was cancelled when it wasn't. 

MarkDoncaster
Dabbler

Just to let you know this was never fixed. Just unbelievable. After confirming my contract was cancelled they have kept billing me every month since I made the original post.

After hours of of phones calls, false claims of cancelling my billing and unfulfilled promises of refunding me my money, I  have gone to the ombudsman and gone to my bank to cancel the direct debit but they are still demanding payments. I have even wrote a letter asking for a letter of deadlock which they refused to give.

Today I just got yet another new bill and the lies of of them trying to call me which they have never done. I can't get rid of this company.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from attachment (to an area that staff can see).

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post released from Spam Filter and removed from the thread.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @MarkDoncaster,

We are deeply sorry for the experience you have endured and can see that Joanne has outlined the status of your complaint here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team