cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect date different to connection date

cjpresy

Disconnect date different to connection date

I have signed up to move to PN fibre  from Sky adsl shortly and have been given a date for the move by PN.

Today I received letter from Sky with date 5 days prior to the one given by PN.

This means I would be without phone/b.band for 5 days.

Surely this is not normal procedure or indeed acceptable?

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Disconnect date different to connection date

You need to query this with Sky, I think. I'm no expert, so I hope a PN staff member picks this up, but my understanding is that transfers are gaining, not losing, provider led.

John
cjpresy

Precisely my point - gainer led.

Surely it shouldn't be up to me(or any other new customer) to liaise between old and new supplier.

Here's a thought: maybe a new order with PN triggers a disconnect order at Sky with a "phantom" (estimated) transfer date.

This would automatically trigger a "sorry you're leaving" letter from Sky with the "phantom" date.

A couple of days later PN get an actual activation date from OpenReach and confirm this to the new customer.

Meanwhile, PN have passed this new date to Sky?

Maybe in a couple of days I'll get another letter from Sky with the new date?

Maybe I'll ring them just to make sure!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

That’s a good thought and what I’m suspecting to be the case but I’ll be happy to confirm things for you tomorrow when I’m back in the office. Smiley
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@cjpresy wrote:

Precisely my point - gainer led.

Surely it shouldn't be up to me(or any other new customer) to liaise between old and new supplier.

Here's a thought: maybe a new order with PN triggers a disconnect order at Sky with a "phantom" (estimated) transfer date.

This would automatically trigger a "sorry you're leaving" letter from Sky with the "phantom" date.

A couple of days later PN get an actual activation date from OpenReach and confirm this to the new customer.

Meanwhile, PN have passed this new date to Sky?

Maybe in a couple of days I'll get another letter from Sky with the new date?

Maybe I'll ring them just to make sure!

Spot on. It's likely that your previous provider haven't comm'ed out the new transfer date just yet.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet