cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed to say the least

Rawz05

Disappointed to say the least

We’ve moved house. I contacted PlusNet on 3rd January about the move date and an engineer was booked for our new house for the 26th January. All updates throughout January mentioned to wait until that day for the engineer to come that morning but no one came. We didn’t move out of our old house until 27th January so we had family stay in our new house all day on the 26th January waiting for this person to come. They were not happy and wasted their time.

After contacting PlusNet later on the 26th January I was told that a PlusNet employee had accidentally cancelled our original order somehow and placed a new one. They didn’t inform us nor did we get any status updates. I was told to wait now until 7th February for our new update.

On the 2nd February I received a new update that there was an error on the system and had caused us to delay the order further. We now had to wait until 9th February for a new update.

Having waited until 10th February (today) for a new update but nothing came, I had to chase PlusNet this morning for an update but to be told that we now need to wait until 20th February for more news.

This is getting beyond ridiculous. We’ve had no internet since moving in on the 27th January. The whole idea was to get the internet installed on the 26th January ready for when we moved in the next day to minimise downtime. It’s now the 10th February and we have no internet still. Who knows what’s going to happen on the 20th February for our next update. Could it get pushed back still, or is the update for another engineer to work on the line in our area or come to our new house to install it?! I’m really unhappy.

To get by we’ve been tethering from our phones network to be able to use the internet temporarily but because our data plans are not huge we’ve already used it all. I’ve had to buy more data from my phone network provider to get by and I’ll likely have to purchase more if we need to wait until 20th February (or longer).

What makes it more annoying is that I wanted to take advantage of PlusNet’ monthly SIM card offers. I bought a new phone but I want to move to the generous offers available right now from PlusNet. After contacting PlusNet I can’t take advantage of them until my internet is fully switched over since my address is still registered to my old house since we’re still waiting for our internet to get installed. The PlusNet person I spoke to about the SIM offer said that it expires on the 20th February. What a nice coincidence!

So not only will I miss out on the SIM offer, but I’ll need to keep waiting for our internet to get installed and waste yet more money on purchasing data from my phone network provider as we need internet between now and whenever we get our internet.

While I know PlusNet will offer me a refund for the days I’ve not had internet from them, I’ve not even been offered a discount or cashback for being messed about.

The order was placed on the 3rd January. They’ve had more than enough time to get this sorted for me.

I know Openreach is also to blame but I’m so annoyed right now.

I work from home for a company I work for and rely on the internet to work. Luckily I’ve been off work since moving house but I go back to work on the 5th March. I sincerely hope this internet is installed by then otherwise I’m really screwed.
5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Disappointed to say the least

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Unhelpful post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As you can't order the mobile until this is sorted have you looked at alternatives such as idMobile (they use the Three network).

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Rawz05

So we missed out on the SIM offer from PlusNet, but we bought 2 SIMs from Virgin via USwitch instead for a better price. However, we're still without internet.

Last week we were told this engineer wasn't going to come to the house now as apparently all the work that was needed to be done was done externally. Our new update was to wait until the 21st February.

Having waited until this morning I contacted PlusNet to find out what's happening and to be told our internet was ready yesterday. Surely they could of told me this yesterday rather than me waiting around and having to chase PlusNet for an update.

Now we appear to have a fault on the line or our equipment according to the PlusNet faults team. We now have to wait a further 3 working days for yet another update. If this engineer came as he/she was supposed to on the 26th January, we could have had this sorted by now and fixed whatever issue or fault we have on our line.

We may need to pay a £65 charge if the fault is our own line. After being messed about since this started, I find that paying this is a bit ridiculous. Surely PlusNet can swallow this cost for messing me about since the beginning.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Rawz05,

I'm really sorry to hear about your delays.

The delays you experienced were unfortunately out of our hands and down to a routing issue.

This means it was an infrastructure delay due to planning and we needed to wait for our suppliers to get everything updated.

When you provide a moving date our suppliers do preliminary checks but do not see the infrastructure until the engineer goes out for the activation date. This can then cause a delay if they find any issues with your infrastructure.

I can see that after the orders completed and your services activated a FAULT has been found and is being monitored under this ticket here:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=168895303

Should you need help with anything else please feel free to give us a shout.

Thanks.