Did you mean: 

Different go live dates

FIXED
jrilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Different go live dates

Hi

I signed up for fibre when my cab went live on 3/2/17. A neighbour signed up about half an hour after me and got an extra email about their live day of 10 Feb. Surprised that I didn't get an email I sent a message on FB and was told that I was also the 10th.

Not having a confirmation still today I thought I'd ask on live chat who told me 22nd! My neighbour checked and he is still 10th! They said it could be due to engineer availability. I'm really disappointed to get a date so far away and also question the queuing system if its not based on a first come first served basis.

I've been misinformed on live chat before I'm hoping there are wrong again?

5 REPLIES 5
jrilton
Rising Star

Re: Different go live dates

I called up and the helpful chap had a look into this. He think the person on live chat got mixed up with a previous order from a previous year. He confirmed I'm all set for going live on 10 Feb and followed it up with an email confirming everything.

Wouldn't be the first time the staff on live chat got it completely wrong! I do find it strange (and seems to be a common complaint) about people not receiving order updates/confirmations.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

Happy to hear that fibre is finally available for you. I've looked into your account and I'm at a loss as to why you were advised of the 22nd for the live date. Glad that it's the 10th though.

Any problems come the weekend feel free to let us know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jrilton
Rising Star

thanks @Anoush

I still find it odd that my neighbour has had another email confirming things for Friday but I've receiving nothing at all, I'm happy that it will go ahead given your assurances but if it wasn't for this forum I'd be totally in the dark about whats going on.

jrilton
Rising Star

@Anoush I went live today as promised, currently getting 69Mbps down and 19Mbps up.

Thanks for your help in confirming everything for me.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Awesomeness Thumbs_Up no problems, thanks for letting me know.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button