cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diabolical service!

bcuyler
Dabbler

Diabolical service!

So 2 weeks ago I am moving home and place an order to take Plusnet with me.  Oh boy how I regret that decision.

I'm given a date of today for my service to be live... Hear absolutely nothing.. A bit miffed when I get home and there is still no dial tone on my phone and take the bull by the horn and reply to my ticket... bearing in mind I'm using mobile data for the last 2 weeks to connect.. the response is.. this is due to complete on the 19th of April by Midnight thank you for your patience, meaning a 4 day weekend again with no net and the cost of mobile data is piling up... So I wish to cancel.. Virgin will install 200mb with  phone in 3 days... Id rather pay the cancellation fee to come out of my previous contract than to continue with you cowboys!  3 day to install faster and cheaper services not 3 weeks!!!

12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Diabolical service!

Hi there,

I'm sorry to see that our suppliers haven't been able to fulfil your order on the date requested.

We shouldn't have advised the date of the 10th until that had been confirmed with our suppliers so apologies for that and I will pass on some feedback.

Feel free to post back here when the move has completed so that I can me sure you're refunded for the time without service.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bcuyler
Dabbler

Are you frikking kidding me... there is no house move to complete I have called replied to ticket and posted on the forum.. I do not want to be with your company.. I have virgin fitting a line and 200mbit service in 2 days time.. I just want you to cancel everything so I can get on with a supplier that doesnt lie and take weeks to setup service.  This is cheaper and faster and is a 12 month contract not 24... never again plusnet never again.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm sorry to say we can't take cancellation requests via tickets or from forum posts and I'd have to request you give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 to arrange this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bcuyler
Dabbler

Do people not read.. I already rang yesterday spent over 40 minutes on the phone I'm not calling again!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I do apologise for any wait times you've experienced when calling in, there's currently no call queues for the department you need to speak to.

While I appreciate you rang yesterday, the notes on your account suggest the department you needed to speak to was closed when you spoke to us yesterday.

If you do not want to cancel over the phone, the only alternative I can suggest is requesting the cancellation in writing by post to:

Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service (During a house move it's probably best to include both addresses) as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bcuyler
Dabbler

Get them to call me and warn them I will be very rude I am not happy.. having to speak to them to do what was already authorised and recorded on my call yesterday is ludicrous

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @bcuyler

Unfortunately we will not arrange a call back for this and certainly will not do this if you are going to be in your own words "very rude" as we do not tolerate abusive and aggressive nature towards our staff. 

If you are not wanting to call us to process this then my colleague has given you an alternative option but if you want to cancel then please call 0800 013 2632 and then select option 1 then option 2 and you will get directly through to the customer options team.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Why would anyone want to call you with your hostile attitude; calm down and call the 0800 number quoted above.
bcuyler
Dabbler

I have a hostile attitude as they lied, failed to provide the service they promised, misinformed me over the requirements to cancel.  I have done everything they have asked but due to their incompetence, I am expected to jump through more hoops.

I have not done anything except make the mistake of expecting them to do as they said they would. I called their line waited for 20+ minutes to be told the department I needed to speak to was closed.  They admit calls are recorded and they have all of the information required to cancel the house move yet they want me to have a friendly chat with their retentions team... not likely.. I have had enough and have authorised the payment of their extortionate cancellation fee.

I have a reputable company fitting my services tomorrow.

bcuyler
Dabbler

sorted on webchat cancellation fee paid please close all of my forum/plusnet accounts down

bcuyler
Dabbler

Well I didn't expect to be posting here again but this disreputable company is stealing money from my bank account.  I was (mis)informed nearly a month ago after I paid the extortionate cancellation fee that my account was closed...

If only dealing with these knuckleheads was that simple.

They then sent me an email last week stating they were taking a d/d payment.. I queried it.. and in plain English stated this was tantamount to theft told them under no circumstances do they have authority to remove funds from my bank account..  So they stole £36.81 from my account yesterday.  I then get another email today stating:-

On 03/05/2017 14:02, support@plus.net wrote:
Dear Bobby 

Account username: bxxxxxx

Thank you for clearing the outstanding balance on your
Unlimited Fibre Extra account. Your account has now been reactivated.

All of your account's features will be reactivated now. It
normally takes up to 30 minutes until all of these are available
for you to use but if your account had been cancelled this may
take slightly longer.

{

Thank you for clearing the outstanding balance on your Home Phone
account.

All of your account's features will be reactivated now. We cannot
guarantee you will be able to make outgoing calls immediately,
however, you should be able to use your service again within a
couple of hours.

Occasionally we might not be able to meet these timeframes due to
circumstances beyond our control but will always look to carry the
re-activation out as soon as reasonably possible.

}

============================================================

Payment amount: £19.99

Date taken:     8th May 2017

============================================================

To make it 100% clear- I HAVE NO ACCOUNT WITH YOU.  NO TELEPHONE, NO BROADBAND.

I paid £237.61 to leave.  I do not want you to steal my money, and do not want these emails coming to me telling me you are re-instating a non-existent service.

I am getting extremely angry now and feel someone with a modicum of intelligence should be able to deal with this as a complaint.  It is clearly not just an enquiry.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I am sorry to see this, and also that you've decided to leave us.

Leave this with me, I'll investigate this for you tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience. I've issued you your refund and closed your account, updating your ticket in the process. I apologise for any inconvenience or frustration this caused you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet