cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate to upgrade to Fibre Extra

FIXED
OutinOld

Desperate to upgrade to Fibre Extra

Having waited 2 years and paid an extortionate amount to OpenReach to pay for fibre to our farm - we got the go ahead yesterday from OpenReach.  But now I can't get through to PlusNet to upgrade.  The website doesn't offer me the option to book/order online, the Live Chat say they can't help and there's a 40 min wait on the phone numbers.  We need to work from home.   I'm sure there are other people in a more desperate state than us - but just in case anyone out there could give me another option/contact point before I go to another provider.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Desperate to upgrade to Fibre Extra

Fix

@OutinOld  Welcome to the forum.

When you say brought fibre to your farm do you mean that Openreach have provided you with FTTP, that is it's a fibre connection that come all the way, it doesn't use the telephone wires for the last bit of the connection? 

If so, Plusnet will not be able to help as they only offer FTTC. I'm afraid that you will have to seek out a FTTP provider. BT definitely do but there may be other budget providers in the market now. With the current Covid 19 situation you may have a problem if an engineer is required to enter your premises to finish installing a new FTTP connection.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

OutinOld

Very useful info.  Will save me a lot of time hanging on the phone for the wrong people:-)  Thanks very much.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'