cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays with order

Fiddlesticks

Delays with order

I notified plusnet of a housemove taking place on 01/06 on the 18/05 and wanted to take fibre broadband with me. Come the 1st the Internet wasn't working. On the 2nd I phoned up and after being passed from piller to post for 1.5 hrs including ridiculous amounts of time stuck on hold while being transferred between departments and while matters were investigated I was told in the two weeks between ordering fibre and activation the network had got full and it would be 48 hours to 3 months before BT opened up more slots so in the meantime I could have regular adsl and my fibre order would be cancelled and the request would be expedited and it could be up and running on the 5th.

On the 5th I rang for an update and spoke to someone in provision who told me the order hadn't been cancelled as promised and so there would be a further delay. Matters are now on hold till the 9th. As I've repeatedly told people at plusnet I'm disabled and I cannot get out as often as I need and I rely on the Internet for many things. My life is being greatly affected due to not being connected. It is made worse by the long waiting times trying to get hold of someone to find out what's happening and then hindered after being given the wrong information after they fail to read all the notes and then failing to action things they've promised to do like cancelling the existing order so a new one can be set up.

I feel really disappointed and let down by plusnet, especially as it's a company who claim to pride themselves on their customer service

When I first changed over to plusnet from my previous supplier in spring 2016 that was beset by delays, misinformation and broken promises too. If I wasn't still under contract I would have considered changing supplier.

Can you please, please look into this for me

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Delays with order

Welcome to the community forums @Fiddlesticks, I'm sorry to see your housemove orders have not gone as smoothly as we would have liked.

@Fiddlesticks wrote:
I was told in the two weeks between ordering fibre and activation the network had got full and it would be 48 hours to 3 months before BT opened up more slots

Looking at the notes on your order, our suppliers did send an engineer out on the 1st, in line with the expected completion date, however I'm afraid their notes stated that the new fibre ports in the cabinet were faulty. So it wasn't so much that capacity had been filled up, but more along the lines that the new capacity that had been added wasn't working as expected.

@Fiddlesticks wrote:
so in the meantime I could have regular adsl and my fibre order would be cancelled and the request would be expedited and it could be up and running on the 5th.

I do sincerely apologise if expectations of a completion date were set at this point. Our suppliers did advise the best way forward would be to cancel the fibre order and proceed with an ADSL order.

As the fibre order was still showing an expected completion date in the past, we were unable to cancel the order from our side and requested our suppliers take the appropriate action to cancel the order on their back end systems. As such, we would first need to wait for the order to be cancelled off their systems before we'd be able to place another broadband order against your line.

@Fiddlesticks wrote:
On the 5th I rang for an update and spoke to someone in provision who told me the order hadn't been cancelled as promised

Unfortunately this is correct. Despite our requests to our suppliers to cancel the order, they appear to have instead left the order in place, for a review date of the 5th. On the 5th, another engineer went out to check if the fault equipment in the cabinet had been replaced and advised that the spare fibre ports were still faulty.

@Fiddlesticks wrote:
being given the wrong information after they fail to read all the notes and then failing to action things they've promised to do like cancelling the existing order so a new one can be set up.

The information you've been given is pretty much correct and I can't see anything in our control that we've failed to action, although I do appreciate why you may think this.

As it currently stands, our suppliers have now cancelled the order as we initially requested on 02/06/17, so I'm getting an ADSL order placed right now for you. Once this order has reached a committed state, we'll be able to submit a request to our suppliers to expedite this due to the delays they've caused and then confirm an expected completion date based off of their response.

I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by the delays on your order, however I can assure you we are, and have been, doing all we can to get this matter resolved as soon as possible for you.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet