cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Plusnet Broadband Activation HELP!

shiveringgoat

Delayed Plusnet Broadband Activation HELP!

My broadband with Plusnet I ordered 3 weeks ago was supposed to go live today. The BT engineer was here Friday and the line is checked and ready by him. My router arrived last week. Then yesterday I got a generic email and text saying that there would be a delay to my activation (supposed to be midnight last night) I wasn’t happy about not knowing specific reason why when my kids are here and need broadband and I had been at home Friday to endure BT man could access property. After speaking to customer services yesterday they went away spoke to another department and then sent me an email saying the “ Plusnet:
Our suppliers have informed us that the order is with their frames management team to activate your services. We will review your order on the 25/3/20”
Still not happy, what is the ‘Frames Management” !!
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Delayed Plusnet Broadband Activation HELP!

@shiveringgoat  Welcome to the forum.

Frames are basically the racks housing all the equipment in the telephone exchange. It sounds like Openreach have failed to set something up correctly in the exchange. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

shiveringgoat

Ok thanks I’ll call Plusnet tomorrow the BT guy showed me the speeds I would be getting on His handset when connected - bizarre!
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @shiveringgoat, I'm sincerely sorry to hear you're having order delays. Unfortunately due to the current pandemic we are unable to contact the necessary team needed in order to query and progress this order delay for you. At the same time our suppliers are receiving a extremely high demand and therefore are prioritising vulnerable customers at this difficult time. I'm afraid we don't have an exact timescale on how long your order will be delayed however as soon as we know more we'll certainly update you via the provisioning ticket on your account here. Thank you for your continued patience.

shiveringgoat

Hello thanks for the reply do you have any idea how long it’s going to be? I need the internet for working from home and it’s critical I have a connection also for face timing older relatives? I’ve managed to get a giff gaff sim in an old iPhone and am using this for a hotspot/4G but it’s costing me a lot to buy the bundles and I’ve used all 20GB on my O2 contract that doesn’t renew until 18/4. It’s really frustrating as I’m unclear what is happening and can’t reach Plus Net via call centre
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

As mentioned, I'm afraid we don't have a timescale on how long it will be before your order is progressed through to completion. Things are changing daily however and by all means as soon as we know more regarding your order and when you'll be up and running we'll certainly update your provisioning ticket linked above.