cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Activation

harryelli5

Delayed Activation

Good morning,

Last night I placed an order for the Full Fibre 300 package with a selected activation date of 30/09/2023. I was informed that the service can be remotely configured, and thus an engineer visit is not required. However, today I have received a text stating that an engineer appointment is booked in and my activation has been delayed until 10/10/2023. This is a whopping 10-day delay, on top of the 12 days of notice already provided.

I work from home and will require this service to be activated on the requested 30/09/2023. The reason I went with this service in the first place was because it was stated that the broadband would be activated within 3 days and that an engineer would not be required. Why has this been delayed to such an extent?

Many thanks,

Harry

3 REPLIES 3
harryelli5

Re: Delayed Activation

For additional materials, please see the below:

Screenshot of the delayed date and a confirmation that this can be set up remotely:
PlusNet Delayed Date.png

Screenshot of 3-day setup time when ordering a package:

3-day Connection time.png

Baldrick1
Fixes: 422

@harryelli5 

Did you by any chance tell your current ISP that you were leaving? If so they may well have cancelled the service and by doing so the Plusnet order to take over the working line, causing this delay.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

Hi @harryelli5 

I'm sorry to hear about the delay to your order.

Looking at the notes it looks like Openreach has advised they've been unable to test the Openreach ONT at the property which usually means it's either turned off or removed.

Can you confirm if this is the case?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team