Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay

Brobbo
Hooked

Delay

So this is my first order with Plusnet
My broadband was initially going to be activated on the 9th of August but I have since received a txt stating the 16th.
My phone line has been active since the first couple of days after order. But haven’t received my router yet?? What’s the process of things?
10 REPLIES 10
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Delay

Is the broadband a Fibre ( or Fibre Extra ) order ? If so, it's likely that the order date has been pushed back due to engineer availability. For Fibre, a BT engineer needs to go to your local PCP cabinet and make some connections. PN will request the earliest provisional date when placing the order ( this is probably where the 9th came from ) but this may get pushed back by BT due to engineer availability, hence the txt saying the 16th. 

Routers are normally sent out a few days prior to the installation date by first class post.

Hopefully a PN staff member will come along and confirm...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Brobbo,

@MisterW is correct.

Fibre activations can't always be on the same day due to resourcing but can also depend on how your line has been connected.

Any downtime is refunded once live as billing starts from the activation of your telephone line. We do outline in our contracts that orders are subject to change but this doesn't make this situation any less disappointing.

Please feel free to give us a shout once you are live if you are not automatically refunded for downtime as we will be more than happy to assist.

Thank you.

Brobbo
Hooked

Thanks all for your reply’s, I have received my router and connected it up but all switched off ready for the go tommorow, do Plusnet simply just send a txt saying when it’s activated, the green cabinet is literally outside my house over the road, am I likely to see an engineer there tommorow?

Brad
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Tomorrow is the 15th whereas the 16th was mentioned in the opening post. Don't want you to be disappointed if nothing happens tomorrow.

The engineer should visit the phone cabinet to put jumpers in connecting your copper line to the nearby fibre cabinet. If you see an engineer there, no reason why you shouldn't ask him/her if they are connecting you. Once that is done there will be follow up work leading to Plusnet being informed of order completion.

I think Plusnet should then create a service notice on your account (visit https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search then click the Go button) and send a text message.

Hope all goes well for you. Smiley

David
Brobbo
Hooked

When I spoke to CS about the router I was told it’s due for completion on the 15th, I’ve received no other communication so fingers crossed it’s all green for tommorow

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In that case it should be. The 16th would mean 00:00 hours on that day which most people would think of as midnight on the 15th. It's unlikely the Openreach engineer will be working in the dark with a torch so it should be completed during the day. Smiley

David
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Brobbo,

I have checked over your order and it is due to complete by midnight tonight.

Your ticket has been updated here

Thank you.

Brobbo
Hooked

well midnight has come....and gone.

I see no engineer with a torch so I wonder what date is going to be plucked out the air in the morning.

im not impressed to say the least.

Brobbo
Hooked

*update*

Just had an email saying it’s live so we’re up and running finally 😂
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Brobbo

Glad to hear that your services are now live. Apologies for the delay in getting this done for you.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch

Kind Regards,