cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay to broadband and phone

FIXED
Mrs-fruitbat

Delay to broadband and phone

I am with Virgin Media until tomorrow.  I had ordered  phone and broadband service from Plusnet and the engineer came as arranged out on the morning of Monday 21st and said that he needed to raise a call with Openreach and that it should be sorted within 48 hours max.   I have since received emails and texts from Plusnet all of which say that there is unfortunately a delay to the order for my telephone servce and that they will be in touch when they have more details.  The last email was received on 21/10 at 23:34.  The last text was received on 22/10 at 08:59.  Could someone please help and let me know what is going on, why there is a delay and when it will be resolved.  We will have no broadband or landline telephone from tomorrow when my Virgin Media service ends.  I have a 22 year old son with autism/severe learning difficulties and epilepsy - I need a landline in case of emergency and he uses the internet to access his music. 

3 REPLIES 3
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Delay to broadband and phone

Fix

Hi @Mrs-fruitbat

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience and the lack of communication. I have escalated this for you straight away and provided an update via ticket here

If there is anything else we may assist you with within the interim, please feel free to give us a shout as we are here until 10 pm. 

Kind Regards

Mrs-fruitbat

Thank you OllieC.

I rang Plusnet tech support and although I had a 15min wait until I got through, the person who picked up the call was really helpful.  It appears that there was an issue with Openreach numbering (?) and he checked with Openreach that this had been sorted & then made sure my line could be activated.  It all went thrugh in th early hours of this morning - so now connected.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Mrs-fruitbat 

It's difficult to see retrospectively what caused the delay, but it's good to see you're up and running now. 👍

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet