Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 8th Activation

DCI
Grafter
Fixes: 1

December 8th Activation

Hi all

I ordered my broadband on the 24th November. It is being activated on the 8th of December.

It is now Wednesday afternoon on the 6th of December & my order is still saying "Checking your line".

I have no router delivered to me yet and pretty much no communication from Plusnet. Is this correct?

Thank you

26 REPLIES 26
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: December 8th Activation

Hi and Welcome,

I'm afraid it sounds like the automated systems failed to place the order and it's not been picked up. You either need to call Customer Service ( if you have time to wait on the phone ) , try Chat or wait for a staff memebr to check what's happened to your order.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DCI
Grafter

Off to a great start then by the looks of things. The system didn't fail to take the £80 odd out of my bank account a day or 2 after I placed the order though. Always the way Smiley

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. I am in a queue of the phone now.

DCI
Grafter

45 minute wait on the phone, but spoke to a lovely lady who told me the system failed to place my order. Long and short of it is it will be another 2 weeks for my broadband to switch to Plusnet.

Thanks again for the help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear your order wasn't put through to our suppliers when you signed up and I'm also sorry to see we've placed the wrong type of order for the service you requested during the sales journey.

I'm rectifying this and I've provided more info here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DCI
Grafter

Thank you very much  for your help Gandalf. Hopefully I hear better news soon.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems. There's a bit of a road bump in placing your broadband order.

Records are showing a pending cease on the line, basically it looks like the active broadband service is to be switched off tomorrow. Sad This could be just a records issue or it could be something your current provider is doing.

I'll need to dig deeper into this tomorrow. I've got the ticket on your account in my workflow so I'll follow up tomorrow.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DCI
Grafter

The good news is that so far today 8th December BT have not turned off my broadband.

My member centre layout has changed I think & I can no longer track my order. I also have a next billing date of the 8th of January. It seems like Plusnet think I am connected with them?

Any updates will be appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: I received an email from Plusnet at 12:22 this afternoon saying that my broadband is up and running, it also says that I have not ordered a router (I have) and it is giving me the login details. However I am still using my homehub 3 with whatever details are on that from BT and I still have internet. Seems a real mess atm. Any help appreciated.

EDIT NUMBER 2: I have typed the login details that Plusnet sent in my email today into my home hub 3 & I now seem to be connected to Plusnet. I have checked on https://www.whoismyisp.org/ and it tells me

PlusNet Technologies Ltd

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is 'PlusNet Technologies Ltd'. In some cases an ISP uses the network of another ISP, in this case your actual ISP can often be found in the hostname. An ISP is an organization that provides internet access to its subscribers, usually at a monthly or yearly fee. Many ISPs provide additional services, such as web hosting or email.

Not sure what is happening but I am pleased that my Plusnet order appeared to go through? Any help appreciated, all very confusing.

Thank you!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

My member centre layout has changed I think & I can no longer track my order. I also have a next billing date of the 8th of January. It seems like Plusnet think I am connected with them?

Yep.

It turns out that our automated system did in fact place the order with our suppliers, but it didn't send you notification of that and admittedly both me and the provisions adviser you spoke to missed the order reference it left on the account.

Apologies for the confusion above and with regards to the order completed notification you've received advising you you haven't ordered a router when you have.

I'm happy you're up and running now. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DCI
Grafter

Thank you Gandalf. It was all rather confusing but I am delighted I am up and running.

With the regards to the router that I order and have not yet received, can you look into this for me and have a router sent out to me as soon as possible & advise when it has been sent?

Thank you very much

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm happy to hear you're up and running.

Apologies that your router wasn't ordered automatically in advance of your service activating. I can see it's been ordered last Friday so it should be with you this week.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DCI
Grafter

Well now the fun has really kicked off, and I’ll admit I’m pretty peeved off.

BT are telling me that Plusnet have also taken my phone line on the 28th December. BT are telling me I do not have a BT Basic Phone line with them, Infact they are telling me I have NOTHING with them.

I've been passed from pillar to post over Christmas and I’m losing the will to live daily.

What is happening Plusnet, this gargantuan mess needs sorted and the sooner someone can help the better as I’ve just about had enough!

I am currently in a queue to BT to check if I can get my BT Basic landline back again EDIT they have just hung up

SORT THIS MESS OUT PLEASE.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I can confirm that we are not providing your phone line. Our phone order was cancelled on the 7th.

As far as I'm aware, you can't have BT Basic and broadband with another provider other than BT Retail/Consumer, so this might be where the confusion lies with your phone provider.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I may be the exception to the rule as I have a broadband only package with Plusnet and my line is BT Basic.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I guess it might be due to how BT Basic is provisioned...

In a lot of cases, we're unable to place a broadband order in the first instance, if there's BT Basic on the line.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet