cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 8 without Internet! How much Longer do I have to wait for my broadband to activate

hjw
Dabbler

Day 8 without Internet! How much Longer do I have to wait for my broadband to activate

Was suppose switch from talk talk to plusnet on the 25th MArch, phone didnt go live until the 28th March, and still no broadband today on the 2nd April.

How much longer do I have to wait? ( Been on the phone to plusnet 5 times already - dont want to spend anymore time on the phone explaining this issue from the beginning)

15 REPLIES 15
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Day 8 without Internet! How much Longer do I have to wait for my broadband to activate

Hi @hjw, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues you have had with the activation of your broadband. I can see your support ticket has recently been updated with the most up to date information and this can be viewed here

Apologies for any inconvenience this delay is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
hjw
Dabbler

Re: Day 8 without Internet! How much Longer do I have to wait for my broadband to activate

Oh lovely, another update a minute ago (first update to this ticket in 4 days by the way), and all it is is another  'We will have an update for you tomorrow message, we are doing all we can ...... '. 

I'll not be holding my breath.

hjw
Dabbler

Day 9 - still no internet. And still no estimated date for switch on either.

Quote from plusnet support ticket from yesterday " I have contacted our suppliers Today & they confirmed that they are reviewing your broadband order as we speak, for this reason we should have a further update as of tomorrow afternoon."

No real update today- still in limbo with respect to getting broadband connectivity.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @hjw

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry that there has been so many delays occurring with your order.

I have responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch.

hjw
Dabbler

So a new update states ' The date provided for a review based on the 48hour update has been given as 04/04/2019'

The date provided for a review? What does that mean?  And at that what time on the 04/04/19 exactly? Am I likely to get a time for my boradband switch on on the 4/4/19?

Turn my flipping broadband on already would you?!?!?!?

Day 9 without internet connection, and this will go on till at least Day 10. 

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @hjw

I'm really sorry to hear about your delays.

My colleague informed you that the date we have been provided for a review is the 4th April 2019. That means this is a review date to find out when your order will go live and on this date we should have more information for you.

Your update should be provided by the end of the day which for our order updates team is 9pm.

I can assure you that if we had facility to speed this along we would have already utilised this as we do not want to cause any dissatisfaction to any of our customers.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

hjw
Dabbler

Just quoting your response here, if I may, "That means this is a review date to find out when your order will go live and on this date we should have more information for you."

So tomorrow I will have a date for when my order will go live? Yes or no?

Seems like you are not likely to give me a date for my broadband switch on, you are just saying tomorrow you will have more information for me, i.e. tomorrow I'll be no further forward.

If I was a betting man, I wouldn't bet on my broadband being connected before the weekend, would you?

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @hjw

I can appreciate the frustration caused by the uncertainty around your live date due to all the delays that have occurred. However, at this stage we are not in the position to advise whether your live date will be confirmed tomorrow as this depends on the outcome of the escalation. Whilst, the escalation has been raised to ensure the order progresses to committed status we always want to make sure we are setting the correct expectations to avoid any further disappointment.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused we will provide you with a further update tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

hjw
Dabbler

This is unreal, can't believe how bad this service is. The continual - 'we will have an update for you tomorrow' is driving me roun the bend.

When is this likely to go live, < 14 days, 20 days, will it possibly drag on to 30 days?

Plusnet: We'll do you proud your head in!

hjw
Dabbler

Day 10 - Still No Broadband Connectivity

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear that @hjw, I understand our provisioning team have been chasing this up with our suppliers today and have provided an update.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

Thank you for your continued patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hjw
Dabbler

My continued patience?!?! I certainly have not been patient in the past 10 days. Is that the impression I am giving? That would explain the relaxed attitude i am getting from plusnet staff regarding this matter.

Latest update, is that there will be an update on Monday 8/4/19. That'll be 14 days without internet, to get an update? And possibly another few days after that before Im connected. Not really good enough is it? 

At least this time it sounds like they are getting to the root of the issue and things are moving along. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I can assure you that we're doing all we can to progress this issue with our suppliers and there is an escalation in place to ensure this is dealt with as soon as possible for you.

While I appreciate it is a frustrating situation, we would appreciate your patience while we continue to chase the escalation with our suppliers and continue to provide the updates we're receiving off the back of that.

We would much prefer for you to be online without delays and understand that you feel the current situation isn't good enough, we are only able to provide you with the information that we are receiving from our escalation case handlers.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hjw
Dabbler

DAY 14