cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM reset request

FIXED
demonicale

DLM reset request

I believe my line has DLM on it and want this reset. I'm stuck on 13.3mb/s now for ages and believe this is to be my issue rather than any other fault (after many tests).

Please can my line be looked into a DLM reset.. thank you.
12 REPLIES 12
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: DLM reset request

Hi @demonicale 

I can see that, subsequent to this post, one of our agents has booked an engineer out to investigate any issues with your service after testing had been completed. 

I have performed my own testing and can see that your assumption appears to be correct - your profile seems to be restricted to <15Mbps ;

Profile Name0.128M-15M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-5M Upstream, Retransmission High 

I have requested a reset to 40/10 for you. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,

MoR 

demonicale

Thanks!, Really appreciate it. Many thanks!.
demonicale

Good morning MoR,

Does the 40/10 represent 40 download speed and 10 upload speed?.

I only ask as we're on the unlimited fibre extra which is supposed to give us speeds of between 33 - 55mb I believe .. wouldn't 40/10 limit it to no more than 40mb/s?.

Thanks again.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @demonicale,

The 40/10 does indeed represent that and you're correct on the 40/10 profile it would limit you to a max achievable of 40.

MoR has put the wrong figures down. As you've noted you're on Fibre Extra and the banding reset that's been requested will correctly reset to the 80/20 banding. Apologies for that. 

demonicale

No problem, thanks for clearing that up for me Joe.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Let us know how your speeds look towards the end of the week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
demonicale

Good morning, just checked my speed and I'm now getting 56 DL and 15 upload so I think it's now been fixed. I'm in the process of trying to let plusnets know I won't require an engineer visit today now?. I don't want to get charged for a cancellation but it looks like the DLM banding has been remotely reset?.

I assume that this reset was done remotely? ... 

demonicale

Engineer coming out after already being fixed.

After repeated communication with Plusnet telling them I needed my "DLM banding profile" reset, They booked and engineer to visit me today.

I mentioned to them the above multiple times and a nice person on this forum agreed with my assumption that this was the case and put in for the profile to be reset.

I wake up today to see my internet is now perfect, but they can't cancel the engineer visit and I might get charged for that?!. It's not MY fault that Plusnet don't seem to know how to do their job ... I get told it can't be fixed remotely but that's exactly what seems to have happened.

To say i'm annoyed and frustrated is an understatement. 

Time to pack my bags and move out from Plusnet if I get charged because one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing!!.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Hi there, I've just checked and I can't see that we've been able to request a remote DLM reset so it actually sounds like automation has done what we needed it to. Unfortunately it's too short notice to cancel the visit (we need at least 48 hours) but as our supplier systems seem to have done what we booked the engineer to do it won't be chargeable. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
demonicale

Thanks Adam!, Very happy now so thank you for getting back to me.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Two topics merged. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet