cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘Customer Service’

Cal1br1
Dabbler

‘Customer Service’

It’s been two weeks since my master socket was installed and I still don’t have any broadband/phone service. I’m having to chase up Plusnet for updates and keep being told ‘tomorrow’ ‘tomorrow’ ‘tomorrow’ but still no service. Is this typical?

So I’ve never had a landline before and decided to go for unlimited fibre home broadband. I’ve been using mobile data up until now but data allowance was never enough. My new Master Socket was installed on 26/02/18 but the BT engineer said there was an issue at the exchange and a ‘Multi-Skilled’ engineer would need to come out. At the beginning of this week I decided to get in touch with Plusnet for an update as the website status hasn’t changed from ‘We’re processing your order’. I hadn’t heard anything from Plusnet. On Monday the webchat advisor said the engineer will come out today and fix the issue. They didn’t. On Tuesday the webchat advisor said the engineer is booked for Wednesday and that the matter will be checked again on Thursday morning (yesterday). I got home from work yesterday and still no service and no engineer visit. I contacted Plusnet again via webchat - as phone lines were too busy - and was told the engineer will come out tomorrow (Friday - today). He also said I’m ‘top of the list’. Guess what? No visit and still no service. This evening I phoned up Plusnet and actually managed to speak to someone. The lady I spoke with was quite adamant that the engineer was in fact booked for tomorrow morning. Whiskey...Tango...Foxtrot...

Two weeks after the Master Socket installation and I still don’t have any service and I feel like I’m being messed around. I get that the BT engineers are at fault here as they control the infrastructure and all home broadband suppliers are reliant on them to pull their finger out - and BT’s lack of customer service is well documented. But I was expecting Plusnet’s customer service to be much better than it appears to be: I’m having to constantly get in touch with them to find out what is going on - they don’t update me! When I was deciding which broadband supplier to go with I maybe naively believed Plusnet’s hype about ‘We’ll do you proud!’ I figured, as I’ve never had a landline, if there were any problems Plusnet’s much touted customer service would kick in and sort everything out. In my case this has not happened. I’ve had to proactively get updates myself. It leaves me thinking maybe I should have joined a certain other home broadband supplier which is still offering the same package for £23 a month (you know the red mobile phone operator) - £2 cheaper than Plusnet. Maybe the engineer issues would have been the same. But customer service might have been better and even if it wasn’t the same I would have had the cheapest broadband package in the UK. The point being: customer service is no better at Plusnet. I’m struggling to see what the Plusnet advantage is.

Maybe the Multi-Skilled engineer will come out tomorrow. I won’t hold my breath...

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: ‘Customer Service’

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi  Cal1br1,

I'm really sorry about the delays in your provide due to the infrastructure issues encountered. 

We do agree that our responses should have been sooner and please accept our sincerest apologies regarding this. 

I have updated you via your ticket and I can see your services are now active. Please get back to me via our community post and I will pick up your response as soon as possible.

Thanks.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=169761739

Cal1br1
Dabbler

Yes, my service is now finally active. The Multi-skilled engineer actually arrived on Saturday and completed the routine phone line connection. He was a bit confused as to why there was a two week delay in him being asked to come out. Makes me wonder if Plusnet simply forgot to submit the subsequent engineer request...

Regardless, the matter is now resolved. The lesson here for all is to keep chasing until the matter is resolved. Do not rely on 'good customer service' reputations.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there. Apologies for the delays you've encountered.

I've added the agreed gesture of goodwill to your account now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cal1br1
Dabbler

Thank you.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems at all.
Please let us know over here if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet