Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering moving from TalkTalk LLU to Plusnet

FIXED
wivenhoe6
Grafter

Considering moving from TalkTalk LLU to Plusnet

Hi, one of my neighbours is considering switching over to PlusNet from TalkTalk LLU when their contract with expires in July.

Is it an issue that they are on LLU? Will there be a delay or some sort of payment needed because they are on LLU?

Would they need a MAC code? Would it be a matter of just signing up with PlusNet & letting them take care of it?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
G3WYP
Rising Star

Re: Considering moving from TalkTalk LLU to Plusnet

I moved from Sky (LLU) and I just asked PlusNet to take my service over and they did all the work no MAC required. Only problem I had was the engineer sky employed pulled the plug before Openreach engineer arrived and disconnected me from the sky equipment so no phone or broadband until Openreach connected me to exchange equipment.

Derek

wivenhoe6
Grafter

Thanks Derek. How long did you have to wait for Openreach to reconnect you? If my neighbours had a MAC code would it help avoid the possibility of TalkTalk disconnecting them early?

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Fix

Hi, 

MAC codes are a thing of the past now, no longer used for takeovers, makes things much easier for you and for us.

The takeover will take 14 days(10 working days) as that's the notice period we must give them to takeover a line that's active, you will get a small bit of phone and broadband downtime, followed by the phone returning and the broadband going live with us shortly after that on the day of transfer but nothing more than a few hours at very most

The only issues we really ever see with coming from LLU are to do with the port of the number which can be resolved very quickly by giving our provisioning team a quick call if you have any issues, this is rare but thought I'd mention any issues they may face

If you have any more questions let me know Smiley

G3WYP
Rising Star

I think Darkfire has given most of the answers.

My problem was the engineer pulling the plug unfortunately my phone and broadband were down for over an hour, but that was Sky and not PlusNet.

I made contact with PlusNet when my phone went down, via mobile, and it was they that told me the problem.

I think my problem was unusual and certainly not the norm.

wivenhoe6
Grafter

Thank you both very much, very helpful.