cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection was for 25 Aug No VDSL

Sheepdog10

Connection was for 25 Aug No VDSL

Was to go to fibre extra on 25th Aug. Engineer was at green box on the morning, ADSL speed went up to about 12mb cannot connect using VDSL. Thought might be my router as it does not specify for fibre so bought another which even specifies for Plusnet fibre. Auto setup only sees PPOA manually set to VDSL and PPOE no connection. back to ADSL 12Mb connection except for last night virtually unusable down to below 1Mb or nothing. Checked for settings some of which I do not get on my router. Me or the line?

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Connection was for 25 Aug No VDSL

@Sheepdog10  Welcome to the forum.

It sounds as if your upgrade hasn't gone through yet and/or  your connecion has been screwed up by Openreach. If you currently have a 2704N Hub Zero then these are ADSL only and you should receive a Hub One in the post a few days before the changeover.

It's possible that this date has been delayed by the lack of Openreach technician availability and Plusnet have failed to advise you of the fact.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Sheepdog10

1st router Netgear nighthawk AC1900 ADSL/VDSL.

2nd TP Link AC1200 ADSL/VDSL/Fibre.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Sheepdog10 

Have a dig into your router stats looking for the modulation. If it mentions G.992 you are still on ADSL, G.993 is VDSL.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Sheepdog10

I know that I am on ADSL as I cannot get any connection on VDSL does not matter which router I use, the auto scan only finds PPPoA

Sheepdog10

Still not heard anything about fibre, account screen says I have an update pending. Would be nice to be told something, thought check my plus net email, do not use it get every thing on register email, set it up and got message that emails had been archived. Not happy