Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion & broken promises :-(

FIXED
Buckbadger
Dabbler

Confusion & broken promises :-(

Hi,
I signed up online to the unlimited fibre option with telephone line on 04/08/16.
All seemed to be proceeding fine until I had a text late in the afternoon on 05/08/2016 saying that I couldn't have fibre but I could downgrade to normal unlimited broadband. I decided to go for this option, so I phoned to confirm the change on 06/08/2016 & I had to go through the whole order again, including the finiancial side as there was no record of setting up a direct debit etc even though I had done it all online.
On 11/08/2016, I phoned up to confirm everything was still in place as I hadn't heard anything & my order details were still from my order on the 4th & still stating it was unlimited Fibre.
I was told on the phone, that there was no record of my change of order from the 6th, so a new order would have to be placed & install would be 2 weeks from then.
I was given the changeover & activation date of 26/08/2016 for both telephone & broadband.
I have received my router, received the necessary letters from BT about cancelling my service. All was looking good.
On 26/08, I received a text at around 7am saying that my telephone line had be transferred across to plus.net.
No sign of my broadband being switched over.
I used the online chat (so I could have it in writing) on 27/08 & was advised the order was due to be completed on 26/08, but was unsure as to why it hadn't happened. The CSC agent contacted the suppliers offline team who said it was all complete their end & just waiting for the system to be updated, and it would be activated within 24 hours.
Today, 27/08, broadband still hasn't been activated & I have been advised to try again on Tuesday to speak to the orders team to find out what what the progress is!!

So to sum up -
My telephone line has been transferred across to Plus.Net.
My broadband still hasn't been activated, and no idea why or when it will be.
I have paid my initial fee.
My online account details still say I've ordered unlimited fibre dated back to 04/08.

So I have no idea when my internet service will be activated, whether it will be ADSL or fibre, nor what I'll actually be paying a month!!

Please can someone help as I seem to be getting no where via the other support channels & I'm starting to regret leaving BT. 😞

Thanks,

30 REPLIES 30
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Confusion & broken promises :-(

Is anyone going to help this chap out ? Knuppel

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@St3

There are no members of staff logged in from work (Bob Pullen is logged in from home and here in his own time without access to internal systems) so I wouldn't expect an answer quickly. Sad

The new forum website statement says it all

We're a friendly bunch of Plusnet customers helping each other out, answering questions and talking about everything under the sun from broadband to what we're having for breakfast.

Op needs to use Facebook or pester the Twitter support (but that only works Monday to Saturday on very limited hours). But from the OP's post it looks like they won't have a update until the next working day (Tuesday)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Buckbadger
Dabbler

Well, have just finished another chat session.

The outcome was that there isn't an order in place for me to have standard ADSL broadband, as my original order for Fibre (which PlusNet advised I can't have) is still open on the system & it looks like that is what has progressed. Despite my multiple phone calls & chat sessions.

I am now waiting for my order confirmation, to see how long it will be activated & whether I will be cancelling & asking for a refund of what I have already paid out.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Buckbadger,

Firstly, I'm really sorry for the problems that you've had during your provision, as the process has not been smooth at all.

Where we're at now, is your order is on the verge of being completed, though it's seems that it may be stuck in one of our supplier's systems. We've been asked to check back in 48 hours, though in my experience the service can activate at any time. Hopefully it's soon.

Once your order has completed, we can change your account around and refund as accordingly.

Hope this clarifies things a little further, although it's not the greatest of news.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Buckbadger
Dabbler

Thanks Matty, at this point a little news is good news. 🙂

Fingers crossed it will be activated soon. 🙂

Cheers,

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@SpendLessTime wrote:

Op needs to use Facebook or pester the Twitter support (but that only works Monday to Saturday on very limited hours). But from the OP's post it looks like they won't have a update until the next working day (Tuesday)

The majority of staff that work the forums are the same people who work Facebook and Twitter, so it would likely be the same people responding (Although more staff from other departments also occasionally drop in on the forums such as Darkfire and Anoush)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Buckbadger
Dabbler

Hi,
Sorry to pester, but I was wondering if there was an update on this?

I saw yesterday that one of my open questions was closed saying it had now been activated, but I tested with Plus.Net supplied router & my own personal router but no joy.

I'm hoping this can be resolved today as promised, rather than having to wait until next week at least. 😞

Cheers,

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Are you ok to give it a go now?

Buckbadger
Dabbler

Awesome. 🙂

I'm in work at the mo, but I can communicate with my devices at home, so all is good!!:-)

Thank you very much!:-)
.... scary how much we rely on Internet!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear it!

.... scary how much we rely on Internet!

I went on holiday and went through a digital detox and it was probably the best two weeks of my life Grin

Buckbadger
Dabbler

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any further developments on my order (Issue # 132658599)?

I now have internet access, albeit incredibly slow at 950kb/s, & I was to be upgraded to fibre (what my acocunt says I already have 🙂 ).

I've checked on the dslchecker.bt.com & that says it is now available on my number & exchange.

Thanks,

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear the speeds are as low as they are currently. I'm going to address that issue first so you're now stuck getting around 1Mbps until a fibre order completes and then following this I'll keep an eye on your account and ensure a fibre order is placed as soon as possible for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Further to my previous response, you should now have an improvement on your ADSL speeds (You may need to disconnect/reconnect first)

I've also placed your fibre order for you, we should be able to confirm an activation date for the fibre service in the next 24-48 hours.

Thanks for your patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Buckbadger
Dabbler

I can see that the line speed has increased (when looking at my router stats), but download speed still seems to be capped at 950kbs & upload speed isn't as stable as it was before it seems to be varying between 0kbs & 300kbs. 

In addition, since the change yesterday my router keeps disconnecting complaining about DNS issues.
When looking at the DNS servers I've received via DHCP my primary & secondary are set as -

DNS Servers: 212.159.6.10 & 212.159.6.9.

Which is different to the mains ones suggested in my connection details if I was to manually setup my information.
So I was wondering, because it's plastered all over my account that I'm an unlimited fibre user whether my actual ISP login account is somehow configured for that & not standard ADSL? If I'm likely to be Fibre'd up by the end of the week, then no worries. But if it's going to be any longer, these speeds & disconnects are unbearable.

Also, just to add as a test I tried my Plus.net supplied router but that does not connect to the internet at all. When trying to access an internet site e.g. bbc it takes me to the plus.net broadband activation page in which I've got to login, I get a nice little success page but then no banana when trying to access external sites. 🙂