Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion about order for new house!

Ezio76
Hooked

Confusion about order for new house!

Morning.

I'm moving house on the 19th and taking your services with me - upgrading to fibre and landline - and I was told it would be installed for the 18th. A week later I received an e-mail saying that Plusnet was "sorry to be losing me" and that they'd been informed I was moving to another IP! So I rang customer support and the advisor told me to ignore the e-mail - although he also informed me that the installation date had now been moved to the 23rd - five days later!

Two days later and now I've received a letter in the post saying the exact same thing as the e-mail, that they're "sorry I'm leaving" and so forth. This is worrying me, obviously. I don't have much time so I tried online support, which was essentially useless because they told me to just ring customer services, which somewhat negated why I was using the online chat in the first place. I've just spent ages waiting on the phone before giving up. My account page isn't saying anything useful except - "An error has occurred - you already have a product change in place" - which is odd because I'm not trying to change products, I'm just trying to get some information about the situation. Ironically, the only information or communication I'm receiving is false - the e-mail and the letter!

I would really appreciate some help here. Is everything still moving along? Is it the 18th or the 23rd? And if it's the 23rd why the delay that's going to leave us without phone or internet for four days after we move? Am I going to have to have to cancel and move completely with BT? Because that's something of a 'nuclear option'. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Confusion about order for new house!

HI @Ezio76,

I'm sorry you've been having problems and confusing contacts. 

The account sections prevents any changes as there's a service move in place, apologies if that's confusing but it's intentional to stop any changes while there's orders in place. 

Everything's moving fine, your were advised correctly to ignore those contacts saying you were leaving, and your services are due to be activated on 22nd October (emails advise the next working day as orders can complete anytime until Midnight). The order is set for the 22nd because this was the earliest available date for the engineer to connect the fibre services up. 

Ezio76
Hooked

Thank you!!!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

No problems @Ezio76. Let us know if you have any further problems or questions and we'd be happy to help.